Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Egyptian names in other ancient languages?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yandiel
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about these names:

פּוֹטִיפֶ֫רַע (po-tee feh'-rah) - P3-di-p3-Rʿ- "the one whom god Reʿ has given", i.e., "the gift of god Reʿ

אָסְנַת ('asěnat) - jw.s-(n)-n(j.)t - she who belongs to Neith or jw.s-n-’t - she belongs to her

מַעֲכָה (Maakah) - might be a corrupted version of (Maatkare) m3ꜥ.t-k3-rꜥ

ⲦⲘⲀⲦOⲒ - tɜ-mdɜ(.t) - name of a female
yhw3(h) - יהוה‎ (YHWH)- the pronunciation YaHuWaH is a definite possibility

Ni-i-u - male Egyptian name, may reflect Egyptian njɜ, however it's meaning is unknown
yandiel
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered that I found several Akkadian names, from this book (https://www.atour.com/education/pdf/Knut-L-Tallquist-AssyrianPersonalNames.pdf), that are supposedly Egyptian but I am unable to find any other information on them:

(A-ma)-a-su - Eg, (šar Miṣir - King of Egypt)
Tu-ur-ba-zu - Eg?
Tur-bi-ḫa-a - Eg?
Um-mat-ḫa - Eg?
Naḫra - possibly an Egyptian god? - Na-aḫ-ra-ma-áš-ši
Pa-i-ti - Egyptian diety in Pu-ṭu-Pa-i-ti or -pi-ia-ti
mḫēšu - Pu-ṭu-um-ḫi-e-še
Un-šar(sar)-d(ṭ)i - Eg?

There are several other names in there too that I didn't finish jotting down..

I also found this word from this site, https://www.britishmuseum.org/pdf/Hawkins.pdf, which is not yet completely known:

zinnuk - is recently believed to be an interpretation of a phonetic transcription of an Egyptian phrase into Cuneiform.
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there does not seem to be any connection with Egypt and the Andean people civilizations at the time, which were probably Tihuanco, and the people of Karal. There is the fact I heard about the Greek language being shared by the Mayan people. They said that the ancient Greek and ancient Mayan shared half of their vocabulary. The Maya's only had three codices that survived, but it is still a legible language. I am going to look at some ancient Greek dictionaries and Mayan dictionaries to corroborate this statement. This statement was said by the author, Ignatus Donelly. The contemporary culture of the Greeks in central America would have been the Olmecs.

The passage through these two worlds would have been according to us through the Pacific ocean. As that is how we speculate the continents were populated. We started in Africa and branched north and westward. I think if it was possible to the primitive homosapien then we can't rule out Egyptian explorers, especially with the library of Alexandria being destoryed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: