Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nordic Egypt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete Vanderzwet
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, you have moved way off topic. Your original intention in starting this string was to propose the all but new concept of a nordic Egypt. It is inane, it is silly, and very misinformed. This time you can do the research, I won't hold hands as you're obviously motivated in your conclusions by irrationality. Do a bit more reading on Ramesses' hair. You'll find it was dyed with henna, and not naturally red.

Here, I'll help in case you're lost: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=henna+red+hair+ramses&spell=1

The Egyptians themselves show us what they look like. Argue with them.
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your the one who dosent know what hes talking about most of the time dont even bother replying because im ingnoring you. And yeah I know I went off top but your an idiot if you think there was no racism or conquests to conqour other lands in Egypt, All the war stuff was just an example of mans will to own whats not his and get revenge. And the other stuff was to show the modern world is just as violent as the ancient one. Leave it to the administrators to lock the thread if its off topic. And I belive National Geographic over you sorry buddy but they actualy have there PHD.

sorry for the rudeness but im rde to thoes who are rude to me.
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready to eat your words Pety? I hope your hungry

"Professor P. F. Ceccaldi, with a research team, studied some hairs from the mummy's scalp. Ramesses II was 87 years-old when he died, and his hair had turned white. Ceccaldi determined that the reddish-yellow color of the hair was due to a dye with a dilute henna solution. As we saw earlier, many Egyptians dyed their hair, and this personal habit was preserved by the embalmers. However, traces of the hair's original color remained in the roots. Microscopic examinations showed that the hair roots contained natural red pigments, and that therefore, during his younger days, Ramesses II had been a red head. Analysis concluded that these red pigments did not result from the hair somehow fading, or otherwise being altered after death, but did represent Ramesses' natural hair color. Ceccaldi also studied the cross-section of the hairs, and determined from their oval shape, that Ramesses had been "cymotrich" (wavy-haired). Finally, he stated that such a combination of features showed that Ramesses had been a "leucoderm" (white-skinned person). Refer to the above report."

dont worry Ill find more "research," lol just to prove you wrong

Smile cheers
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry here is the link for the last site

http://www.world-destiny.org/ginger.htm

and heres more proof

http://www4.stormfront.org/whitehistory/earlson/rameses.htm

whats that? still not convinced!?

"Interestingly, the mummy's gray hair had been died red, and indeed, modern technology has proven that in his youth he was a red head, which was also not a common trait of ancient Egyptians."

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/ramesses2intro.htm

ok Ramases was a natural redhead because they did forensic tests on his haire and it was proven to be natural (read the book Ramses the great by National Geographic) , die only covers the surface of the haire and they figure the embalmers died his haire for the afterlife but through Forensics they proved he was red haired when he was younger.

thats what I said in an earlier post so tell my Pety how was I wrong?
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, first and final warning - you continue making this a personal crusade against Pete and I will ban you.
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why doesent he get a warning for being rude to me?
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
why doesent he get a warning for being rude to me?
I suggest you re-read the entire thread again and look at who said what to who before you ask a question like that. I'm telling you to cool it, nothing more. If I feel anyone else does the same they will get a warning.
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k i love this forum its wonderful.. but i am kinda on steves side.. though steve .. kinda.. acted.. childish..s orry steve its true. lol but yes.. if Steve becomes banned.. well i guess i might find a different forum because Steves my friend and well itd be boring without him.. and well Pete ignores questions so then itd be boring as all hell..
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry all for the rudeness it wasent intentianal but I still dont see how I was wrong
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rules and regulations: 1.g. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or ban.

Serena, you're entitled to take any side you like but if rules are broken, by ANYONE, then I will act accordingly. This is supposed to be a place where everyone can chat, discuss, argue, whatever; without it becoming personal and insulting. We've been through this before in a previous topic. I think enough has been said so shall we get back to the topic of this thread?
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah no insult inteaded
almostascribe
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

being that red hair is not an exclusivly norse trait , it is found naturally occuring in some african tribes .. it is posssible for ramesses to have red hair ...
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats exactly right Celts, Anglos and Saxons also commonly had red haire. But I was trying to focus more on the blonde strain because red isent an isolated enough gene in the NOrdic community. French scientists proved that Ramases did have redhaire in youth do to natural red pigment in the bulbs, his haire was died in his older age with Henna thats already known and that is a closed discussion know but If I remember correctly I belive Seti had red haire as well but dont take my memmory to heart its not always that good. Also I thought of the idea of perhaps the blonde mummies where simply albino or had a mutaded gened but as I flipped through my Biology 12 textbooks (which I never returned lol) It says in compact form because im not wrighting down three pages!, that the blonde gene is one of the few solid traits, like blue eyes and genetic raririties found in many isolated african tribes and more rarely in Western
Society ie two toe foot and multi coloured eyes and that the only resesive blonde trait is dirty blond , strawberry blond etc are still considered strong blonde traits. It also said that white haire is strictly from albinos and blonde is not considered an albino trait and the albino traits is more of a freak of nature then anything. It also said that Albino hair may somtimes be all white with small tints of blonde like colour or any other colour but they are still considered to be albino. Im not gonna bother going into the racial traits or where these traits are belived to be originated although there are four chapters on each race. where all these colours of haire eyes etc come from because we already covered it as much as it needs to be.

Biology 12 AP: life on earth.
1998 B.C edition

Nelson guide to Genetics
1999 3rd edition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: