Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chanel at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Dendur Temple

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Chanel at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Dendur Temple Reply with quote

" 8 Photos From the Ancient Egyptian Chanel Fashion Show That Has Pharrell Dressed Like Tut " (Cairo Scene, 05.12.2018)
Quote:
Karl Lagerfeld, Head Creative Director at Chanel, took over the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Dendur Temple with this year’s Métiers d’Art, showcasing a stunning collection inspired by Ancient Egypt.

The annual fashion show, and was held around the Dendur Temple, which was gifted to US president Lyndon B. Johnson by Egypt in 1967. The temple was built in 15 BC to celebrate Isis and Osiris, and is decorated with references to Happy, God of the Nile, and Horus, of the sky. ...

" Métiers d'Art 2018/19 Paris - New York - Collection "

Greetings, Lutz.
Montuhotep88
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egyptomania rages on! Laughing
Montuhotep88
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always pleases me in an obscure way when I detect some Egyptian influence in the design of something. Often, it's because a designer is going for an Art Deco look, and in those cases I wonder if they even realized the ultimate source. (Obviously, it was deliberate in the case of the fashion show referenced above.)

For instance, La Quinta hotels usually have slightly angled sides and a cavetto-like cornice at the roofline, making them reminiscent of a temple pylon, and Cheesecake Factory restaurants have columns in them which have shapes clearly derived from Egyptian temples and even faces where one would expect Hathor capitals (though the faces look entirely human-- I suspect the Nefertiti bust was the model).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: