Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pyramids of Giza - any Ancient Egyptian text about them?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cladking
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Saqqara Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
Sitamun32 wrote:
Hi all. I've been looking at photographs of the recently discovered tomb at Saqqara. Fascinating. Cult of Seth comes to mind. Has anybody translated the glyphs in full yet?

Please pay attention to the topic of threads!

While there's only circumstantial evidence anyone was buried in the Great Pyramid there is ample evidence tying Khufu to the structure. The best piece of evidence may be at the SE corner where Khufu's brother is buried with an inscription stating he wanted to be buried adjacent to "Khufu's Horizon". This name for the pyramid appears a few times in the record.

There are also references to Khufu in the quarry marks on the stones above the so called king's chamber.

While hardly conclusive there is corroborating evidence in the recently found "Merer Diary" which suggests some stone was transported to Giza during the 27th year of the reign of Khufu.
cladking
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat!

My last post was supposed to quote

Quote:
What evidence do we have that Chufu was buried at Giza. Were the Pharoahs not buried in the valley? They found no mummy of Chufu and some folks say that the granite coffin is not a coffin, but something else unknown. Having read the memoirs of Dr Hakim Awyan, a man who lived his life from childhood in the band of peace, I cannot help but speculate.

I might add that the Valley of the Kings contains no burials from the great pyramid building age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: