Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutankhamun A Warrior King?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He’s shown shooting arrows from a seated position. The disability doesn’t mean he was never active.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
... There is ample evidence in the tomb (KV62) that Tutankhamun is not the principal figure (owner?) of the tomb. ...

That would be?
maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz, try the following.

Find a colored image of the Antechamber of KV62 with the two black sentinel statues. (The Griffith Institute website has it.)

Load the image in Microsoft Paint, select all and invert the colors.

Compare the result with image of the figure that was found in niche of the north wall of the burial chamber.

This will hint at the complexity of information that was in the tomb.

Other references inform that the two statues are not representations of Tutankhamun.
maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karnsculpture wrote:
He’s shown shooting arrows from a seated position. The disability doesn’t mean he was never active.

Please provide me a link to your image in reference.
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two examples - small golden shrine and painted box

https://images.app.goo.gl/NK7XaB4jomR2jqS77

https://images.app.goo.gl/DRpWofbWFnDupUAc9

Both show Tut in a chair shooting arrows with his wife next to him.
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
Lutz, try the following.

Find a colored image of the Antechamber of KV62 with the two black sentinel statues. (The Griffith Institute website has it.)

Compare the result with image of the figure that was found in niche of the north wall of the burial chamber.

Other references inform that the two statues are not representations of Tutankhamun.

Who are they meant to be? I’m not sure where this is going. It’s generally assumed that KV62 was either incomplete or not originally intended for a king’s burial, but was adapted to make do. The mummy, coffins, shrines and wall paintings are actually or represent Tut. The tomb contents are mostly his (name changes, items with other family names were found as well as a lot of uninscribed objects).
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
Lutz, try the following.

I'm sorry, but at least now I really can not take you seriously anymore. Maybe you should look for your "fantasies" (so far in all threads here in the forum, no matter to which topic, were served completely evidence-free) for a more suitable forum?
maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also posted this elsewhere: (I hear your frustration in that you don't understand the exercise I suggested).

I suggested you look at them in MS Paint (a tool) to demonstrate color inversion references that were in the tomb.
The figure found in north wall niche of KV62's burial chamber has a black headdress that has puzzled Egyptologists for explanation. The black headdress is a confirmation reference to indicate correct understanding and application of color inversion as pertains to the sentinel statues.
Color of the statues normalize when colors are inverted. Their headdresses become black.
The same effect (and reference) can be achieved manually but I thought MS Paint made more sense.
The Egyptians were demonstrating photo negative in the tomb.
Ikon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The skin of the statues is black to represent rebirth, and in this aspect they are associated with the two small statues of Ihy found in the tomb.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
... (I hear your frustration in that you don't understand the exercise I suggested). ...

Also here, you are wrong. As I said elsewhere, I'm only bored ... Every few months, some nutcase turns up and announces that he has groundbreaking, egyptology changing secret knowledge. Some weeks ago someone burned royal mummies on pyramid peaks because he thought he was the only one to read the pyramid texts correctly ... Of course without having the knowledge to translate hieroglyphs.

If one asks for the archaeological evidence, only hot air, or as in your case, stupid number / letter games come out. Or fotoschop editing of artificially created photos occur ... What is this supposed to prove? That the ancient Egyptians invented MS Paint? That an Babylonian scribe wrote with "EA13 (an inventory list) a simpler encryption of a table with instructive guidance. ..." and "What the full set encrypts (if I am correct about the greater set) will be an amazing find like none before in Egyptology."? How stupid should someone be to belive you such a nonsense?
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
I also posted this elsewhere: ...

Lutz wrote:
maat wrote:
... I suggested you look at them in MS Paint (a tool) to demonstrate color inversion references that were in the tomb. ...

What should these prove, even if they exist (which is not the case)?

maat wrote:
... The figure found in north wall niche of KV62's burial chamber has a black headdress that has puzzled Egyptologists for explanation. ...

First, the headgear is a so-called "tripartite wig", already known from / in the OK, carried by gods (in blue, gold or black) and humans (in black). A comparable object is located i.a. in London : Clay Magical Brick Decorated With A Shabti (EA 41546).

Second, which Egyptologist has it "puzzled"?

The headdress of the black guardian statues is the nms.

maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karnsculpture wrote:
Two examples - small golden shrine and painted box

https://images.app.goo.gl/NK7XaB4jomR2jqS77

https://images.app.goo.gl/DRpWofbWFnDupUAc9

Both show Tut in a chair shooting arrows with his wife next to him.

Thanks for the images. Still, a man with a club foot who needs walking sticks is not likely to ride a bouncing chariot. Shooting ducks, maybe.

I recognize your point but doubt the identifications of Tut as figure in the images are accurate. That of course remains for me to demonstrate to your satisfaction.

Please tell me what you know and understand about the two black sentinel statues. (I'm not going off on a tangent. It is relevant.)
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ikon wrote:
The skin of the statues is black to represent rebirth, and in this aspect they are associated with the two small statues of Ihy found in the tomb.

The so-called guard statues seem almost identical at first sight. They differ significantly only by their headgear: JE 60707 wears a "nms", JE 60708 wears the "ḫ3t". For the development and meaning of this headgear see in detail ...

Sandra A. Collier : The Crowns of Pharao - Their Devolopment and Significance in Ancient Egyptian Kingship. - [Los Angeles, University of California, PhD, 1996]. - IV: The Cloth Headdresses, pp. 69-94.

Conclusion from pp. 93 - 94 ...

maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The different headdresses inform about their identities and you missed their walking sticks that are differently positioned. The sticks inform about their functionality in the tomb.
maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello karnsculpture,

I thought more about your position (the seated images). I concede to your observations.

I had to think about why you are right and about my opposition to your factual observation. You and others are not wrong about such functional observations in the tomb (KV62).

My attempted opposition was faulty because there is no contradiction between my findings and such as your observed proofs. Let me explain.

The tomb and burial of Tutankhamun is a construction to convince (which is different in nuance than a construction to deceive).

Objects in the tomb labelled with signifiers of Tutankhamun are presumed to be his.

[Nicholas Reeves observed (an anomaly?) of the golden burial mask re-inscribed for Tutankhamun. I consider that it would be insult for a pharaoh to wear the face of another person for eternity because whose face is more worthy to grace a pharaoh than his own?]

Continuing, objects not inscribed in the tomb with his name are naturally presumed to represent him. So, observations do in fact find some inscriptions and assumptions are made that other objects represent Tutankhamun.

I was mistaken as I don’t need to refute your observations because they are validly in the construction of the tomb.

I must (need to) demonstrate elements that reveal the construction which involves and are additional (not oppositional) information in the tomb.

So, thanks for helping me see my fault.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: