Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutankhamun A Warrior King?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we’ve got totally different perspectives but I appreciate the post above. I find the walking sticks and seated plus chariot riding depictions interesting because the medical examinations of his mummy show why these were in his tomb. The medical evidence now re-enforces that they are representations of Tut, and although idealised and following artistic tradition have some truth.

I don’t buy that the tomb had any special meaning beyond what it is, except for the curious depiction of Ay, which is a piece of propaganda. The only people who will have seen it are close associates in the court - tombs were not on public display once the burial took place. KV63 included a kind of stand it is thought to enact the opening of the mouth ceremony, and we have to think how the tomb KV62 was filled. Presumably it was empty prior to the ceremony, then Tut placed in his coffins, then the shrines and covering fabric installed, then the burial chamber and side chamber filled with items prior to it being sealed. Then the antechamber and annexe were filled before the tomb was sealed. This must have taken days or even weeks?
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maat wrote:
The different headdresses inform about their identities

Why? Supporting documents?

maat wrote:
... their walking sticks that are differently positioned. The sticks inform about their functionality in the tomb.

Why? Supporting documents? Which would be ("their functionality")?
maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz, thanks for the reference about the headdresses. I posted an explanation about functionality of the statues in a new topic (KV62 Sentinel Statues Functions Considered)
maat
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karnsculpture wrote:
I think we’ve got totally different perspectives but I appreciate the post above. I find the walking sticks and seated plus chariot riding depictions interesting because the medical examinations of his mummy show why these were in his tomb. The medical evidence now re-enforces that they are representations of Tut, and although idealised and following artistic tradition have some truth.

I don’t buy that the tomb had any special meaning beyond what it is, except for the curious depiction of Ay, which is a piece of propaganda. The only people who will have seen it are close associates in the court - tombs were not on public display once the burial took place. KV63 included a kind of stand it is thought to enact the opening of the mouth ceremony, and we have to think how the tomb KV62 was filled. Presumably it was empty prior to the ceremony, then Tut placed in his coffins, then the shrines and covering fabric installed, then the burial chamber and side chamber filled with items prior to it being sealed. Then the antechamber and annexe were filled before the tomb was sealed. This must have taken days or even weeks?

I fully respect your position. Please take a look at the topic (KV62 Sentinel Statues Functions Considered) for an initial explanation of what I am trying to help you recognize.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: