Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cartouches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chepses
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Cartouches Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I'm trying to find hieroglyphic names for some pharaohs in a vertical cartouche but I can't seem to find them. Since it is for printing on clothes, I'm trying to get vertical cartouches instead of horizontal, and in good quality (png preferably) but it's being hard. I did found the website https://pharaoh.se/ which is amazing for having a lot of variations for the names, but they are in horizontal cartouches, and although I can download them, the quality is not so good after downloading. Can someone help me here? Is there a website or some place I can get them? I'm looking for the Throne name and Birth name (nomen, prenomen) for Ramesses II and Thutmose III, as well as the birth name for Cleopatra. Many thanks in advance Smile
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jürgen von Beckerath : Handbuch der Ägyptischen Königsnamen. - [Münchner Ägyptologische Studien 49]. - Mainz : von Zabern, 1999. - XX, 314 p., 4 Pl.

Page 137 & 139 - Tuthmosis III :

Page 155 & 157 - Ramses II :

Page 245 - Kleopatra VII :

Greetings, Lutz.
Montuhotep88
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Cartouches Reply with quote

Chepses wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm trying to find hieroglyphic names for some pharaohs in a vertical cartouche but I can't seem to find them. Since it is for printing on clothes, I'm trying to get vertical cartouches instead of horizontal, and in good quality (png preferably) but it's being hard.

If I were you, I'd download "JSesh," a hieroglyphic typesetter. There is a feature where you can rotate the signs, and then you can output the results in graphics format. It's not terribly convenient, but it can be done... if you are at all familiar with manual de codage, it's not hard to start using.
Aset
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pharaohpm

Arrow www.eglyphica.de > eGlyphica - Pharaonen > ...Eingang... > Herrscher (above) - Selection of the name in the alphabetical list (above)

Chose and click
- "Geburtsname(n)" = Birth Name(s)
- "Thronname(n) = Throne Name(s)

Aset
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: