Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello everyone.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hesy Ka Ra
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject: Hello everyone. Reply with quote

I studied Archaeology many years ago and have always had an unquenchable thirst when it comes to Egypt.
I am open to many areas of research and theories providing they are not completely outlandish however, I do believe that some of the standard thoughts may not be as accurate as we first imagine. I feel Egyptology should be dynamic and flexible not inflexible and stifled with dogma.
At my first lecture I was told "absence of evidence does not equate to evidence of absence" therefore until a theory is either proven or disproven I am prepared to consider it providing the theory does not include aliens and or ridiculous time scales. However, to base any accepted conclusion upon a single find or theory is to my mind blinkered.
I look forward to meaningful discussions.
irt-akhu
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great name, Hsy kA ra. I look forward to some great discussion!
Hesy Ka Ra
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Irt akhu,

I have looked at many of the previous threads and find many interesting ones however, a few somewhat misguided ones also.
My main area is the Middle Kingdom as I firmly believe that was the 'classical age' when art, literature etc flourished. Also the development of the mummification process has always held a fascination for me. I find the lives of the ordinary people the most interesting, the monuments and tombs while magnificent tell us little of their lives.

Regards,
Hesy Ka Ra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: