Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About A Crying Figure?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: About A Crying Figure? Reply with quote

I have two questions that I post here to isolate them from my my other topics tthat can seem outlandish to some readers in this forum. Recently, I learned in another thread that my avoiding to ask a question that might seem silly to others can waste time until I can learn an answer on my own.

Some foundational understanding about the intersection of optical science and psychology of perception are helpful to explain my observations. So, I will not try to explain them.
I recommend the book, Art and Illusionists (by Dr. Nicholas Wade), as a primer to the subject. I don't know how to recommend others develop my decades of observing that the book helps begin to explain..

Anyway, I observed a crying male who looks elder and authoritative with white beard. He sheds a large tear that streams down his face to ground.
Does this have any significance or relevance in mythical text?

Also, does water being poured from a large vase onto a woman's face have any relevance hn texts?

Thanks for any assisstance.
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: About A Crying Figure? Reply with quote

I have two questions that I post here to isolate them from my other topics that can seem outlandish to some readers in this forum. Recently, I learned in another thread that my avoiding to ask a question that might seem silly to others can waste time until I can learn an answer on my own.

Some foundational understanding about the intersection of optical science and psychology of perception are helpful to explain my observations. So, I will not try to explain them.
I recommend the book, Art and Illusionists (by Dr. Nicholas Wade), as a primer to the subject. I don't know how to recommend others develop my decades of observing things that the book helps begin to explain..

Anyway, I observed a crying male who looks elder and authoritative with white beard. He sheds a large tear that streams down his face to ground.
Does this have any significance or relevance in mythical text?

Also, does water being poured from a large vase onto a woman's face have any relevance or reference in ancient Egyptian texts?

Thanks for any assisstance.
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a quick ssearch and found a reference myth for the image of the man who weeps. It seems to be a creation story with Ra. His eye weeps, tears fall to ground (as the image shows), and creates bees or human kind (in different versions of the myth).

I also observed an image of a young woman xho also weeps that I thought strange and had not mentioned. While seasching, I found that the goddess Isis also shed tears in myth. I need to look further into her myth.

I still don't have a reference for the woman on whose face water is poured. She might represent a real person but I don't know.

There also seem to be hieratic symbols (writing?) in some scenes but while I recognize some hieroglyphics, I know nearly nothing about hieratic symbols.
I still don't have information about the woman who has water poured onto her face.
Thanks.
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

35. Additional note about the procession in KV62

I noted in this thread that the constructed procession in KV62 conceptually goes through and involves KV63.

I was reading in the topic "KV-63: A new tomb discovered next to king Tut's" and came across links to the websites below with images about KV63.

Two photo images caught my attention because while I expected and know the two tombs contain shared references, I had only read about KV63 and its seven coffins.

1. The Bust and Coffin

The wooden "head of the king" bust (Carter no. 008) in KV62 apparently relates in reference to one of the wooden coffins in KV63. The anthropoid coffin bears a face. I don't at this time know the designation of the coffin.

Both the bust and face on the coffin have a vertical split in left side of the face that runs through each left eye.

The Bust - head of the king
http://www.griffith.ox.ac.uk/perl/gi-ca-qmakedata.pl?sid=166.137.244.26-1602886851&qno=1&dfram=008-p1881

The Coffin Face - (first image at top left on page)
http://www.kv-63.com/photos2009.html

In sequence of the conceptual procession, the bust is first then the coffin follows such that the split in the face progressively closes. It is wider in the bust and narrower in face on the coffin.

Remember this progression leads to the mannequin in the antechamber in KV62. The mannequin has no damage to its face. A progressive evolution is demonstrated.

2. The Lion Bed and Lion Couch

Jane Akshar posted a link in this forum to her blog page article, "KV63 Mummification Bed in its New Home, Luxor Mummification Museum".
She shows images of a reassembled and preserved (embalming) bed that was found with the coffins in KV63.

The small bed (essentially a frame) is low and has two carved lion heads (one on each post on one end of the bed).

The small bed in KV63 relates to the larger "Lion Couch" that Howard Carter found in the antechamber of KV62.

Observe that the larger couch represents the conceptually evolved form of the smaller bed.

Lion Bed
http://luxor.news.blogspot.com/2009/04/kv-63-mummification-bed-in-its-new-home.html?m=1

Progression of the Forms

The bust (head) that was in the passage corridor of KV62 is precursor to the coffin in KV63.

The coffin and the lion bed in KV63 then have their related evolved forms in the antechamber of KV62.

The human and lion forms evolve in the constructed procession.

Some researchers naturally will mistake the splits in faces of the bust and coffin as defects that naturally occurred when the damage was actually constructed to serve as reference.

There are other related references in KV62 and KV63.
maat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore My Last Post (Above)
It's in the wrong topic.
My phone has a mind of its own today.
I've been fighting auto complete for every word.

I will post later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Homework Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: