Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Man in a Hat, The East Valley, Nefertiti and Discovery C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irt-akhu
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: The Man in a Hat, The East Valley, Nefertiti and Discovery C Reply with quote

Caught a commercial for the Man in a Hat going all out in the East Valley in his search for Nefertiti. The series will be aired on pay for streaming Discovery Channel. Don't have it. Don't want to pay for it. Might be interesting or might be another Al Capone's vault.
George1986
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely it will available somewhere for free in not so distant future. If someone is patient, then it should be available without additional costs sooner or later since I don't believe many people will pay more for TV.
Thieuke
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject: strange concept Reply with quote

I do find it a strange concept that he is going to make a tv show a subject like that. What if by looking for Nefertiti he finds someone else? Is that at once no longer an interesting find? What if that happens to be another undisturbed grave? It would be the find of the century but would not fit in the concept of the show.

So simply the concept we know he's not going to find anything but is filling airtime and no doubt pockets of those involved.
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was some press out yesterday (which I briefly scanned over on Facebook and can not find now) where he was saying they are shortly to announce a find near Medinet Habu, and that he is continuing to identify the mummies of Nefertiti and Ankhensenamun. I predict, as he has suggested before, that KV21B will be Nefertiti and KV21A Ankhensenamun. They've had another go at establishing more secure DNA evidence from those remains and that of the bones found in the tomb of Horemheb at Saqqara.
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://dailynewsegypt.com/2021/02/28/egypt-to-announce-huge-archaeological-discovery-in-luxor-this-march-zahi-hawas/

Article mentioned above
irt-akhu
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the link. Not a lot of humility came across in that interview.
irt-akhu
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karnsculpture wrote:
....that he is continuing to identify the mummies of Nefertiti and Ankhensenamun. I predict, as he has suggested before, that KV21B will be Nefertiti and KV21A Ankhensenamun.

^^^^ This
Fof
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question, guys.
In the article linked by karnsculpture, the Man in The Hat talks about excavations at Mina Habu.
I guess this is refering to the Temple of Ramesses III at Medinet Habu. Where has the name change come from?
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a typo.

I found that the new Discovery channel doc about Hawass search in the Western Valley has already been shown a couple of weeks ago. In the UK it seems to only be on Discovery+.
irt-akhu
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karnsculpture wrote:
I found that the new Discovery channel doc about Hawass search in the Western Valley has already been shown a couple of weeks ago. In the UK it seems to only be on Discovery+.

Same here, which requires yet another monthly fee. In my home, we are trying to cut way back on the TV (can't stand all the commercials, not to mention crappy programming), not increase it.
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched it, pretty interesting but the only things found were part of a mummy which will be analysed to see if itís a relative of Tut, some other surplus funerary goods and construction materials. It all points to more tombs in the Western Valley but no big finds yet. The workmenís village is huge though - over 30 houses in a row - some major work was going on there.
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/408778/Egypt/Politics-/In-Photos-Egyptologist-Zahi-Hawass-announces-disco.aspx

Egyptologist Zahi Hawass announces discovery of 3000-year-old 'Lost Golden City' in Luxor

This is the work Hawass alluded to recently near Medinet Habu. Palace complex dating to the time of Amenhotep III that shows activity through to Ay. Fills in some gaps relating to the Sed Festivals of Amenhotep III - Malkata was missing evidence relating to one of them - looks like the action took place near Medinet Habu.

The find of the tied skeleton is very odd indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: