Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Egyptian dreams! LOL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Egyptian dreams! LOL Reply with quote

No this isn't a thread about the shop, but about the subject matter-dreams about Egypt. Have any of you had dreams relating to Egypt or anything Egyptian, ancient or modern?

I have-loads of times!! I've had one dream where I think I might have astrally travelled...I dreamt I was at a temple of Isis and it was very vivid-I could feel the heat of the sun on my skin, and I could see the Nile and the temple. It was in the present day, so there were tourists everywhere, including a group of children who were either from school, or were guides or something (they were from another country-England or America, I think). But I remember seeing photos some time after the dream, on a website, of a temple of Isis, and I felt a kind of 'deja vu' when i saw them...

And I've had all sorts of weird Egypt related dreams, sometimes including the Egyptian gods, especially Isis. I had a very vivid dream once about Isis, which is very personal to me and I won't go into detail here as it is very detailed, but it was one of those dreams that felt so real that it freaked me out so much...

Anyone else had Egyptian dreams? (pardon the bad pun... Laughing )
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that I don't remember any of my dreams. So I may be dreaming fantastic scenes from Ancient Egypt, and just not remember it... Confused

I like to look at reconstructions of the ancient sites, and artists impressions to make up for that I guess Very Happy
Broadway_Babe
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Dreams Reply with quote

I have had more day dreams, or I call them flash backs, to Egypt more so than night dreams. I had a 'flashback' where I was walking out on a balcony in the middle of the day. I could see sandled feet and the bottom of the thin linen dress I was wearing. I walked between two thin curtians out to this balcony and my hand reached out to take hold of the banister. I looked over a garden or something, saw workers, then poof! It was all gone....freaky! If you have read Dorothy Edy's book, The Search for Omm Sety, it is soooo freaky! There is a part where her mother is staying with her and happens to be up at night. The mom walks by Dorothy's room and sees a man wearing a linen cloak standing over Dorothy while she sleeps, yet in the morning, Dorothy knows nothing about it. There is another one that happens when Dorothy is about 13 or so. She goes to bed at night and wakes up in the morning with her nightgowns torn. When her mother asks her about it, she describes a man who looks just like the Pharaoh Sety I comes to her everynight and tears her gown...it is freaky! I suggest you read it.
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I day dream about Egypt all the time...but with me, I don't think they are flashbacks, I'm afraid. They are simply the result of being really obsessed with ancient Egypt and watching too many documentaries, reading too many books, seeing too many websites and going to too many exhibitions on Egypt Very Happy nothing 'reincarnation-y' at all, really.
Broadway_Babe
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: flashbacks Reply with quote

I am a christian, so believing in reincarnation is not exactly at the top of my religion's list of things to do. I simply believe that we get a choice: We can stay in the spiritual world, or we can come back to Earth to live the life of a human. Just a belief I have, could be totally off, or it could be right, but we won't know until we are dead, then it is kinda too late. I just feel too connected to certain time periods and certain people to ignore.

For example, I think I was part of Anastasia Romanov's family, or very close to them. I think this because everytime I see a picture of those girls, I well up with tears...I hardly ever cry, even when seeing graphic war images or stories much more tragic than theirs. I never cry at those, but something about the Romanov's gets to me, I feel like I know them, it is freaky....
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was only possible to have one past life per person? Some people weren't even humans in past lives, they could have been animals...

I'm still undecided about my religion, I don't like to say I'm agnostic or atheist because I like to keep an open mind and an interest in many religions and beliefs, but I do believe something happens to us after death. Whether it's reincarnation or an afterlife (or even a mix of both!) or what, I'm not sure...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: