Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Isis conspiracy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Isis conspiracy? Reply with quote

I was reading on a website that there was a queen called Ahotep and she led something called the 'Isis conspiracy' but didn't elaborate on what that conspiracy was. Does anyone know about it?
And is it true that one of the egyptian queens (her name was Sobek-something, i don't remember now) had blonde hair? Confused I also saw this written on the website.
Aset
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello isisinacrisis

Do you mean queen Hetepheres II (daughter of King Khufu)?

Sources: http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/meresankht.htm
and http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Alley/4482/Hetepheres

Aset
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one? No, it's another queen called Sobek-something, can't remember now, but the website I saw says it's very unlikely that she was blonde, although I did see 'blonde' hair in an Egyptian exhibition-it was a patch of light curls taken from the scalp of a mummy, whcih I thought were just faded with age, but then there was a braid from a wig on the scalp, and the braid was black hair.
But this is a pretty controversial topic, which could be interesting to discuss further provided there are no arguments...

What about this Isis conspiracy of Ahotep? Anyone know about it?
Aset
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, isisinacrisis

It's Sobek-Nefru, 8th Queen of the Twelfth Dynasty?

"Sobek-Nefru was a half sister of Amenemhet IV. It is possible that she began as regent for an infant son before claiming the throne in her own right. Manetho mentions her in his list of Egyptian rulers and she also appears in the Turin Canon. A Nubian Nilometer is dated to the 3rd year of her reign and a cylindrical seal bears her name and title. Three headless statues of her were found in the Faiyum, and a part of Amenemhet III’s Labyrinth can be attributed to her. Sobek-Nefru was very famous and adored by the Egyptian since she is said to have had blond hair. This information is very weak because blond hair was generally unknown in Egypt of the 2nd millenium BC. It's told that she was a very tough but couragious woman, very intellectual and well-mannered. During her reign the Hyksos trive invaded Egpyt and it was Sobek-Nefru, who lately gave her country into the hands of the enemy in order to prevent war and bloodbathes. She finally comitted suicide with all the members of her court before the Hyksos leader came up to the palace of Memphis." Source

Other names: Source

Nefrusobek
Neferusobek
Sobekneferu
Sobeknofru
Sobekkare
Skemiophris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: