Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I'd just like to take this opportunity (coz I'm in a good mood Very Happy ) to thank everyone for your posts and helping make this discussion board a better place regarding information about Ancient Egypt. We may not yet be the most visited board on the Internet, but we are certainly heading towards being the most interesting.

Thanks everyone. Your posts are appreciated. Cool
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making the discussion board available to all of us Kevin. Wink

It's definitely a fun place to exchange ideas. I know I have learned quite a bit from others on the board.

Looks like YOU actually have quite a bit of reading to do (pretty much every day) with all the posts we have had recently. Very Happy
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
Thanks for making the discussion board available to all of us Kevin. Wink

It's definitely a fun place to exchange ideas. I know I have learned quite a bit from others on the board.

Looks like YOU actually have quite a bit of reading to do (pretty much every day) with all the posts we have had recently. Very Happy

Very Happy With this board and the Alexander one ( http://forum.alexander-the-great.co.uk ) it's pretty much becoming a full time job. But what a great job hey? Very Happy
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, I feel flattered, even though i am a bit of a newbie! Laughing
Sometimes I feel this forum is a bit empty, but it's new, and it will grow, I'm sure of it!
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:
Awww, I feel flattered, even though i am a bit of a newbie! Laughing
Sometimes I feel this forum is a bit empty, but it's new, and it will grow, I'm sure of it!
Wink
Yes, it's quite new, and it is people like you who are helping to make it grow. Before I started this board I used to play around a bit on some of the newsgroups but I quite often found they were harsh and judgemental places. I want this board to be animosity free, and a place where the new visitor/member feels welcome and can post without prejudice. I think we are heading in the right direction, thanks mainly to the great people we already have here. Cool
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that some 1600 posts in 9 months is quite a bit!

I hope that more of the guests I see browsing through the posts will become members and post some of their ideas.

There's such a long stretch of history to talk about, and sometimes I read about totally new ideas that make me run out and buy another book (expensive habit BTW Very Happy ) or it makes me rethink something I was already familiar with.

..and I agree, this is a very friendly group of people. Wink
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There's such a long stretch of history to talk about, and sometimes I read about totally new ideas that make me run out and buy another book (expensive habit BTW ) or it makes me rethink something I was already familiar with.

I agree-all the time i read something new and sometimes controversial/unconventional that changes my ideas on Egypt...I wanna buy more books...but i'm broke Laughing
I like the way that we can talk about anything, even alternative ideas, on this board. I used to 'lurk' on a board that banned anything alternative or fringe and banned members who posted about those things...I know those new radical ideas can create debates, but debates are fun Laughing and restricting new ideas makes things worse, if anything.
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! your welcome Kevin Smile i love this site.. i think its very well off.. sometimes i wont respond because theres toooo much to read!! Razz lol thanks for making this place.. its awesome!! Very Happy i think Kevin deserves a hug.. whadda say peeps? GROUP HUG!! lmao.. *hugs*

Serena
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely Applause
this is a great board and so user friendly. Kevin does a terrific job - thankyou for making it happen Exclamation
Thoth
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take what everyone else said, jumble it about a bit, stick it all in one post and you have what I would say if I had enough imagination, lol
*Gives Kevin a pie*
That'll have to do Very Happy
"I stand like Horus. I sit like Ptah. I am strong like Thoth. Mighty like Tem. I walk with my legs. I speak with my mouth. I chase my enemy. He hath been given unto me, and he shall not be delivered from me."
Egyptian Book of the Dead
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: