Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merry Meet!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Merry Meet! Reply with quote

I'm 16 years old, and I live in Estonia. My name's Susanna/Suzanah, and I'm pagan (I REALLY hope no one will blame or judge me for this), and I've always loved Egypt. I practise Egyptian Magick (Heka). I've spent many lives in Egypt. I was the High Priestess of Ast once, and I was taught by a great necromancer. I was given the Book of the Dead (which is now in the Hall of Records). But of course, with this information about myself, I'm not trying to make anyone believe this or convince anyone, just introducing myself. Hope that's okay.
And my Egyptian name was Saleyer. I would've never believed this if a medium (a very close friend of mine, also my teacher who has taught me spiritualism) hadn't told me that he remembered me from a past life and loved me. It's amazing to recall the feelings I had for him in Egypt and the memories of that place. But it's also very painful. So... remembering past lives isn't always good or the brighest idea. Some people think that it'd be so cool to find out who they were, but sometimes finding out such things can hurt you. Anyways, enough of this now.
I don't think there are many pagans here in this forum, but if they are, I'd be glad to get to know you.
I love Egypt so much and I feel very very close to it. I just bought a CD yesterday with Egyptian music..and I listened to it.. and it felt so good, it felt like.. home. *sigh*
I can't wait to go to Egypt one day with my medium friend and check out the Ancient temples and feel the mighty power of this great Civilization that once existed for so long.
And I want to become and archeologist and then choose egyptology, because I want to be an egyptologist. I hope I will manage it.
This forum seems to be very nice, can't wait to do my next posts here and meet some new people who're interested in Egypt as much as me! Smile

Blessings to all of you!
~Saleyer
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Egyptian Dreams Saleyer Very Happy
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, anneke. Very Happy

By the way.. I speak Estonian (it's my mother tongue) and just noticed that your nickname here "anneke" in Estonian means: "Little Anne" or something. "-ke" or "-kene" is like a suffix, it is added to names to make the name sound more "sweeter" or "cuter" or something.
Like, when you say "sweetie, honey" and so on.
It's like the Greeks, they add "-oula", so it'd be: "Annoula". If you know what I mean. Wink So, nice nickname, hehe. Cool
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board Smile
You may also want to check out http://forum.wiccandreams.co.uk Wink
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Welcome to the board Smile
You may also want to check out http://forum.wiccandreams.co.uk Wink

Hehe, yeah I know. I already registered there. Great forum by the way. Very Happy Wink
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya!

I really wish I could have had a past life in ancient Egypt, but I doubt that i have, knowing my luck...
I don't mind you being an Egyptian pagan-I think that's really cool. What was that CD you got? I have a few Egyptian themed CDs at home...they rock.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saleyer wrote:
By the way.. I speak Estonian (it's my mother tongue) and just noticed that your nickname here "anneke" in Estonian means: "Little Anne" or something. "-ke" or "-kene" is like a suffix, it is added to names to make the name sound more "sweeter" or "cuter" or something.
It's like the Greeks, they add "-oula", so it'd be: "Annoula". If you know what I mean. Wink So, nice nickname, hehe. Cool

It has the same meaning in Dutch (my mother language).
That's really interesting that it has a similar meaning in Estonian. Thanks for letting me know.
I don't think Dutch and Estonian are linguistically close, but I could be wrong about that Very Happy
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:
Hiya!

I really wish I could have had a past life in ancient Egypt, but I doubt that i have, knowing my luck...
I don't mind you being an Egyptian pagan-I think that's really cool. What was that CD you got? I have a few Egyptian themed CDs at home...they rock.

Hey! Smile

you don't mind me being an Egyptian pagan??? really?? Very Happy yayy! you're like... the first none-pagan person who doesn't judge me for being who I am! thank you so much!

As for the CD. The name of the CD is "Pharaoh" and the one who made the music is Phil Thornton. I also have another CD from him which is called "Eternal Egypt".
It's really cool. Cool And yeah, Egyptian music ROCK!!!
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
Saleyer wrote:

It has the same meaning in Dutch (my mother language).
That's really interesting that it has a similar meaning in Estonian. Thanks for letting me know.
I don't think Dutch and Estonian are linguistically close, but I could be wrong about that Very Happy

Really? what a coincidence!
But actually, Estonian language has borrowed many words from German language. And I guess German is a bit similar to Dutch in some way (if I'm not mistaken). It's because Germans invaded Estonia and ruled here for a long time.
For example the Estonian word "sink" comes from the German word "schink", meaning "ham". The word "ja" means "yes" in Estonian, but I don't think it is borrowed from German, because it has been an Estonian word for a long time. Smile
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Pharaoh, and another Phil Thornton album called 'Enchanted Egypt' it's the newest one, and the best. I know they are not really 'ancient Egyptian music' but it's Middle eastern Egyptian music which is lovely!

I think Egyptian paganism is really interesting-I know some people here will disagree with me, but I don't care.
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:
I have Pharaoh, and another Phil Thornton album called 'Enchanted Egypt' it's the newest one, and the best. I know they are not really 'ancient Egyptian music' but it's Middle eastern Egyptian music which is lovely!

Another album called "Enchanted Egypt"? Shocked I MUST buy it!!! lol
But "Eternal Egypt" is very cool too. I especially love the "Zaar Rhythm" song. Although, I like the "Pharaoh" more.. probably cuz it's new, lol. Laughing

[quote=isisinacrisis]I think Egyptian paganism is really interesting-I know some people here will disagree with me, but I don't care.[/quote]

Very Happy
Dampwater
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, welcome to the forums. But, i do have to say that i have NEVER heard of such a thing called Egyptian Paganism, but i hhave nothing against it, because i know nothing about it.

So, Saleyer, can u tell us how it was like living in Ancient Egypt ? I mean do recall your past life ? or do u just know it ? or what.

Cuz if u can remember anything about your past life, then that would be sweet if u can tell us anything u know, that would be like talking to a mummy.
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dampwater wrote:
well, welcome to the forums. But, i do have to say that i have NEVER heard of such a thing called Egyptian Paganism, but i hhave nothing against it, because i know nothing about it.

So, Saleyer, can u tell us how it was like living in Ancient Egypt ? I mean do recall your past life ? or do u just know it ? or what.

Cuz if u can remember anything about your past life, then that would be sweet if u can tell us anything u know, that would be like talking to a mummy.

Never heard of such a thing called Egyptian Paganism? Well, I think there are many who have heard about Heka, and Kemetism/Kemeticism. I'm a Kemetic Pagan (it doesn't mean that I'm an Egyptian Pagan as in "nationality", it just means that I practise the magick Ancient Egyptians did and still nowadays do, but that's rare though). I'm not the only one. There are many, many Kemetic Pagans, just like there are many Wiccans.
It's my choice, I chose this path, because Egyptian Magick interests me more than Western Wicca and magick.

And to answer your question... I must say that I just recently found out.
Of course, I've always suspected it, always thought of it, because I had visions and dreams of it, of a past life in Egypt, but I never acknowledged it. I remember it, but subconsciously. Now, thanks to my master, I'm starting to remember. First, I just remember the fact, but now I'm starting to remember the details, it all depends on where I am, what I do etc, for example.. I buy a CD with Egyptian music and I remember a few things.
So, I don't remember EVERYTHING, but I remember some details, and they are very... well, how to say this? blurry, hazy I guess? Well, I think you get the idea, what I mean. Or at least I hope so. Smile
I'm still trying hard to recall on my past. Sometimes, it's hard to do that because it's somewhat overwhelming.
So you see.. I can't just remember anything. When you've lived as many lives as I have, it gets harder remembering and keeping track on them.

talking to a mummy?..... excuse me, I'm not dead. =P

~Saleyer
mummyman
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the music you are listening to isnt ancient egyption music. noone knows what ancient egyption music sounded like. maybe its just wishful thinking.
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know, but at least it reminds me of Egypt. It helps me a lot better with recalling.
Even if it's not Ancient Egyptian music, it still makes me feel a bit homesick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: