Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merry Meet!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mummyman
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<deleted>
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your comment civil mummyman or you will be banned.
mummyman
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was wrong with what i said? i didnt swear or insult anyone! i hate when people say stupid things like that they remember there past life or what she was saying, you cant expect anyone to believe that, especially because she is only 16 she is trying to be cool, i only said what everyone else wants to say.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the forum rules:
"Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users."

You were not respectful. Your comment was disdainful.

Quote:
i hate when people say stupid things like that they remember there past life or what she was saying, you cant expect anyone to believe that, especially because she is only 16 she is trying to be cool, i only said what everyone else wants to say.

Then don't read it and ignore it Rolling Eyes

People are entitled to their own opinions and beliefs.

And for as far as other people wanting to say that. No they don't. Most people here are a bit more open minded than that.
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mummyman wrote:
what was wrong with what i said? i didnt swear or insult anyone! i hate when people say stupid things like that they remember there past life or what she was saying, you cant expect anyone to believe that

I'm not expecting that others would believe me. Have I ever said that? I think I already stated in my first post here, on this forum, that I don't expect others to share my beliefs.

mummyman wrote:

especially because she is only 16 she is trying to be cool, i only said what everyone else wants to say.

just trying to be cool???!? excuse me ?! you don't need age to have the right to remember your past lives. Rolling Eyes
and if my beliefs and my faith really disturbs you, then you can just ignore it remember?
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what was wrong with what i said? i didnt swear or insult anyone! i hate when people say stupid things like that they remember there past life or what she was saying, you cant expect anyone to believe that, especially because she is only 16 she is trying to be cool, i only said what everyone else wants to say.

There is no place whatsoever at Egyptian Dreams for rudeness and incivility. Perhaps it's the norm at other ancient Egyptian forums you may have visited, but it's not tolerated here.

Saleyer has never asked anyone here to believe in the things in which she believes. I personally do not believe in them--or am in the very least a hardcore skeptic--but that would give me no license to mock. Saleyer has been very kind and open minded and she deserves the same treatment in response.

The moderators at Egyptian Dreams are very good about keeping things civil and respectful here. Remember that. Everyone is welcomed here, but incivility is not.

Quote:
...i only said what everyone else wants to say.

Not quite. Do not presume to know the minds of the other posters at Egyptian Dreams. We all try to be considerate and perceptive, and we like humor. No one else said anything of the kind to Saleyer because no one else cared to in the least.

Visit my blog!
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a member, I appreciate the kindness of the moderators here, to keep thing civil, respectful, and fair.
I've been on forums where moderators are as uncivil and rude as some members could be. So, I'm proud to be a member of this forum, you seem to have a good sense of duty of keeping things as they should be, keep up the good work you've done for this forum. Smile I'm glad I joined here, I see you guys have lots of knowledge about Ancient-Egypt, it's very interesting to talk to you.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy We are happy to have you here.

People may disagree all they want, but they should be respectful in their dealings with others.

On this board rudeness and advertising something without reimbursing the owner are the two things that will get you in the most trouble Laughing
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
Very Happy We are happy to have you here.

Heh, thanks. Very Happy

anneke wrote:

People may disagree all they want, but they should be respectful in their dealings with others.

On this board rudeness and advertising something without reimbursing the owner are the two things that will get you in the most trouble Laughing

lol, okay, I'll keep that in mind then. Smile
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the instruments used in classical egyptian music? I can picture a sort of metal string harp that I've seen in Eastern music, like the gorillaz new song, I forget the name, but he plays it at the end of a concert. That seems to be the main ethnic chord in the music. Anyone help me find the other instruments?
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the instruments used in classical egyptian music? I can picture a sort of metal string harp that I've seen in Eastern music, like the gorillaz new song, I forget the name, but he plays it at the end of a concert. That seems to be the main ethnic chord in the music. Anyone help me find the other instruments?
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from, that the discussion you are answering is almost 12 ( Exclamation ) years old ... What was the connection with music instruments? Question
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they were talking about their love of egyptian music, and I was wondering what the instruments in the music were. It has probably gone through many evolutions and changes in style, now that I think about it.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you truly think that a 12 year old Exclamation welcome - thread is the right place for your question?
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, I will make a new topic in the appropriate place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: