Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What/who/why bring it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: What/who/why bring it? Reply with quote

If you were to be thrown back into ancietn egypt and live there(without disturbing the future, no matter what!!). Which 5 people you know (parents you may count as 1) would you bring? Which 5 people you DONT know would you bring (i.e. a doctor..etc..)? What would you bring with them (example: if you choose a doctor for someone you dont know youd pick something like a medical kit for him)? And of course include one thing youd bring yourself. Explain how itd be if you wish.

Serena

p.s. when im sad i think about being able to do this stuff.. i thoughtd id share my pounderings.. ill post mine after others start posting.
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tough one -

5 people I know:
1. parents. I guess they have to be a must (or else you wouldn't be there)
2. My wife, cos I love her (everyone say ahh). Wink
3.4.5. My step-children (see no. 2)

5 people I don't know
1. My grandchild - he's only just been born so I don't really know him yet (give me some leeway) Smile
2. Angelina Jolie (what would I get her to bring - not saying)
3. Liv Tyler (what would I get her to bring - not saying)
4. Shakira - (what would I get her to bring - her coin belt)
5. Heidi Klum - (what would I get her to bring - not saying)

1 thing I'd bring myself...the world's greatest book of excuses. Very Happy

I'm sorry Hatshepsu - I couldn't think of anything sensible. Sorry. Embarassed
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what would you get your wife and step kids to bring.. i meant for everyone not just the one syou know! lol oh and i am talking bout doing it RIGHT now.. so you have your knowledge.. its kinda like what would u teach them.
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People I know

Stewart- because hes nutty and would keep me company I would make him bring jet fuel

Niki- Shes pretty weird and freaky but she would creep out the natives I would make her bring A harrier (a jet and we would say im your new god and this is my magical monster named Harry)

Ada- Shes my drinking buddy and a fellow German living in Munich id make her bring lots of good German Beer so the natives no what good brew tatses like

my dog john - yeah yeah hes not a person but he thinks he is and I would mke him bring hes portable water bowl that hangs off his neck

Serena- I just think she would wanna go to Egypt and she could bring what ever she wanted but I sujest a book on deciphering hiyrogliphs!

people I dont know

A harrier pilot- a jet dosent do much good if you cant get it off the ground! he would bring lots and lots of ammo so we can take out Egypts ennemies fast and easy and I will become Ramases the greater

A green beret or Ranger- so if we get lost we can survive and I would get him to bring a Survival kit

A photographer- and of course id make him bring a polaroid with full film and we would play practicle jokes on the natives saying we got your soul!

Heidi Klume- I dont think I need to explain id get her to bring suntan lotion

and I dont know who ese probably a doctor or somthing and yeah most of these ideas are stupid but hey why not!
Thoth
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... tough one...

People I know... well, I wouldn't bring my parents. They'd miss their reality shows and soaps too much. I guess I'd take my budgie, first and foremost, for entertainment value (he laughs at jokes before anyone else even gets them - I swear he could speak fluent English if he wanted to). I guess other than that, I'd fill up the spaces with friends.

People I don't know... well, like you said at the start, a doctor with his medical supplies would be handy. Dark age medicine is mocked frequently, we're talking pre-Dark Ages here, lol. The local Pizza Hut chef next with some pizza-related supplies - NO PIZZA IN THEM DAYS! Hmm, I'd grab an expert on Egyptian culture and an expert on Egyptian language while I was on the way, with all their books and papers. Couldn't hurt to avoid getting myself lynched for something I overlooked, and someone who spoke the lingo would be handy - England didn't even exist, let alone have a language they might speak over there. One more... I guess, an engineer or a scientist, someone who could get an infrastructure working to modernise the place a little, and whatever they needed to do so.
"I stand like Horus. I sit like Ptah. I am strong like Thoth. Mighty like Tem. I walk with my legs. I speak with my mouth. I chase my enemy. He hath been given unto me, and he shall not be delivered from me."
Egyptian Book of the Dead
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i forgot to mention u could suddenly speak their language and read... but keep english in your available speeches.. but oh well..
Thoth
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEll in that case I guess I'd replace linguist with dentist, lol
"I stand like Horus. I sit like Ptah. I am strong like Thoth. Mighty like Tem. I walk with my legs. I speak with my mouth. I chase my enemy. He hath been given unto me, and he shall not be delivered from me."
Egyptian Book of the Dead
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a short trip, and I can choose where I'm going..

I would like to travel to one of the time periods I find fascinating, and be a guest at one of the palaces.

Hatshepsut, Amenhotep III, Akhenaten and Nefertiti, Ramses the Great, Early 12th dynasty, 25 th dynasty would be fun.

I would take one of my sisters and one of my brothers and their spouses. I have many siblings, but I'm not sure the other 4 would enjoy it...
One of my adventurous friends.

For as far as strangers:
A doctor, a cook (you never know if the food is as god as it looks), a nurse, an egyptologist, a cute guy (Hugh Jackman maybe?)

What to bring: light clothes, a cam-corder, a car with 4-wheel drive to get around (or would that get me executed as an evil magician?).
A bed may not be a bad idea, and definitely a pillow. I don't think I could sleep on one of those head-rest thingies they had.

Being able to see the palaces, temples, and regular towns would be amazing. All the temples were decorated in color. To see that in its full splendor, as it was meant would be something.

So, could people please hurry up and invent a time machine?
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i let this di e alil too much Smile

Known People
~Jessica - She's my best friend and is always there for me
~Her Family - because im not mean
~My family - because i am mean
~Scott - because hes.. funny?
~STEVE - of course id bring steve.. there is no question.. and not because he chose me.. i already decided on him Razz lol

Unknown People
~Doctor - Because he'd explain the brain to them
~Engineer - pretty obvious
~Electritian (or something similar)- because there were no gadets
~Bodyguard - because im scared Smile
~Singer - because id miss my music

I want everyone to know that regardless of the fact that my parents are going to be there.. they will stay in a small town/city while i fair to the pharaoh...

I would bring a lot of stuff.. ex)paper. you could get rich bringing in paper.. it is so pretty and thin and smooth and white. OH and id bring clothes.. i cant even dig deep into all that i want!! Smile

Love ya!
Serena Wink
Steve
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: