Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Egyptian Dream
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: An Egyptian Dream Reply with quote

Last night I had an Egyptian Dream! Seriously, I dreamt that I was in Egypt and I married kmt_sesh (I know, very odd) and we had a huge palace with a big library, oh, there were so many books about Egypt! The weirdest thing was I remember looking out the window and seeing the pyramids, but they were soooo small, we could pick them up!

Kmt_sesh don't take this personally, I am a scorpio and a very creative person so I always have very intense an vivid dreams, so please don't get all feaked out or anything. I dream about everybody!!!!!

I just thought it would be a good laugh to post it, hey and maybe someone can interpret it for me?
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Very nice that you had a big library for kmt_sesh. A must if you want to keep that man happy I think... Very Happy

Your dreams are much more fun than mine. I just dreamt of falling asleep at the hairdresser Rolling Eyes Yup, dreaming about falling asleep.
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe kmt_sesh, I think you have an admirer Wink only joking!

I've had many dreams about going on holiday to Egypt, but nothing about forum members yet...I've not had any 'flashbacks' of ancient Egypt in my dreams either. I just dream of going on holiday there and being annoyed that I'm still at home when I wake up...although I do believe I've astral travelled to the big Isis temple, but that's another story...
Dampwater
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah, cool. Actually, I had an Egyptian dream before. But it wasn't just one dream. It was a series. And what is weird about it, is that i don't usually have vividly detailed dreams such as this. They were 3 dreams in a row ( as far as i can recall).

Well, i can't remember what happened in order, but i remember that in the first dream i was exploring and digging up in a site somewhere in Egypt and i found something really important. Then the second one, which was the night after that, i was ACTUALLY IN Ancient Egypt and stuff, and i talked to alotta chicks and that sort. The third one, was the weirdest and most inspiring. For what i could recall, it was kind of like a call to action, it was an Egyptian spirit speaking to me (its really blurry to me now, tho) I think it was saying something about reviving ancient Egypt and learning about my ancestry (i'm Egyptian) or something like that. I can remember also someone teaching me hieroglyphics and telling me "secrets of ancient Egypt" or uncovering what we now don't know. I don't really know if i was told anything, but i only remember that that stuff happened, but i couldn't recall what the secrets that were "told" (or maybe not told, i dunno) to me were/

Those series of dreams were kind of like a wake up call. Ever since, i tried learning about Ancient Egypt as much as possible. I mean, i've liked learing about it before, but it made me realize the importance. Maybe they were halucinations u know, not necessarily a "calling", but they had a similar effect. I waited for the next dream to come on the 4th day, but i was dissapointed not to have it.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last night I had an Egyptian Dream! Seriously, I dreamt that I was in Egypt and I married kmt_sesh (I know, very odd) and we had a huge palace with a big library, oh, there were so many books about Egypt! The weirdest thing was I remember looking out the window and seeing the pyramids, but they were soooo small, we could pick them up!

How very odd? Why should that be odd? Just because I'm very odd?

In any case, about the only thing I can promise you to come true out of that dream is a whole lot of books! I've got that covered. Anneke said of me: "LOL Very nice that you had a big library for kmt_sesh. A must if you want to keep that man happy I think..." How true, how true.

But a big palace with a big library...well, sorry. How about a tiny apartment on the North Side of Chicago? In fact, at this rate, my tiny apartment is mostly books and I think I shall need to rent the apartment next door, knock out the joining wall, and use that one for a library. Very Happy

Visit my blog!
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add that in all my years I've had only one dream about Egypt. I was a completely discredited Egyptologist named Daniel who was called up by the government to decipher some strange glyphs on a huge mysterious ring excavated at Giza in...

Oh, no, wait, that's Stargate.

This sucks. I've never had a dream about ancient Egypt! Mad

Visit my blog!
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
But a big palace with a big library...well, sorry. How about a tiny apartment on the North Side of Chicago?

You may just have to buy a bumpersticker that says:
"My other apartment is a palace" Twisted Evil
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You may just have to buy a bumpersticker that says:
"My other apartment is a palace"

Hey, now that's a great idea. I'll have to put it on my Nissan because I don't want to put it on my other car, which is a Jaguar. Wink

By the way, Daniella, how can you properly dream about a guy if you have no idea what he actually looks like? Now, I don't want to erase all the mystery, so below are two photographs, one of which is a recent one of me...you guess:

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How very odd? Why should that be odd? Just because I'm very odd?

Oh my goodness no! I just thought it was odd because I've never met you before. But if you are odd.....good for you! Very Happy

Quote:
Anneke said of me: "LOL Very nice that you had a big library for kmt_sesh. A must if you want to keep that man happy I think..." How true, how true.

Well yes, books and.........nevermind. Laughing

Quote:
By the way, Daniella, how can you properly dream about a guy if you have no idea what he actually looks like?

Like I said I'm a creative person and I have had many dreams about people I know, and they look nothing like themselves, I just know. I just knew it was you. Also keep in mind in a previous post you said that your hair was 'sandy blonde' . But in my dream you had dark hair, you were medium height and average build and you were wearing glasses. You were also handsome.

Quote:
Now, I don't want to erase all the mystery, so below are two photographs, one of which is a recent one of me...you guess:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Hopefully the bottom one......he's dreamy!!!
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well yes, books and.........nevermind.

Yes, books and...DVDs of my favorite movies. That's what you were implying, right? DVDs?

And, no, I don't mean those kinds of movies. Twisted Evil

Quote:
But in my dream you had dark hair, you were medium height and average build and you were wearing glasses. You were also handsome.

Good, yes, stay with that. I like that version best.

Quote:
Hopefully the bottom one......he's dreamy!!!

All right, I confess, neither is a picture of me. But I'm willing to bet that in another 40 years or so, the dreamy hunk on top will look like the dreamy hick on the bottom. Beauty never lasts. Crying or Very sad

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, books and...DVDs of my favorite movies. That's what you were implying, right? DVDs?

Ummm....yeah....sure. Wink

Quote:
And, no, I don't mean those kinds of movies.

Yeah right! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Quote:
Beauty never lasts.

Physical beauty never lasts. Wink Inner beauty lasts till the day you die. Smile
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniella wrote:
Physical beauty never lasts. Wink Inner beauty lasts till the day you die. Smile
What a beautiful statement! Very Happy
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Physical beauty never lasts. Inner beauty lasts till the day you die.

And hopefully it lives long beyond that, in the Field of Dreams if you go Egyptian style. Hopefully it stays clear of the Place of Annihilation...all those knife-wielding punisher goddesses and fire-spitting serpents can wreak havoc even on inner beauty! Surprised

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Quote:
What a beautiful statement!

Thanks Kev. Smile

Speaking of dreams and all, I wonder if when you die it's just like one long dream (long meaning-lasts for all eternity). I mean, I've seen a program on the Discovery channel saying that when you die your brain still functions for about three minutes, But what if it functions for longer? That's part of the reason why I think the destination you go to after death is where you want to go, where you for all of your life has believed you were going to go. You build up beliefs and expectations in your head, so when you die it's just like you are 'living' your dream. Maybe that's why it's called the Field of Dreams. Some people say a dream at night is a reflection of your day, so maybe a dream after death is a reflection of your life.
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I hope you're wrong about that Daniella! No offense intended.

If a dream after death is a reflection of my life, I am screwed! I don't want an eternity of what I've had so far. If the afterlife is an eternal version of the dreams I have at night, I can't say I want that either. I have some of the strangest dreams and they frequently have no relationship to my day.

If, on the other hand, eternity is what we HOPED for, I could go for that.

Diorite
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: