Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Egyptian Dream
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
The only thing I remember about my dreams last night is that for some reason I threw a grenade at someone, and when it exploded nothing came out but a bunch of colorful confetti. Shocked My mind is very, very strange, isn't it?

LOL And when you pointed the fly whisk at someone it turned into a bunch of flowers?

Sorry, but that just sounded too much like one of those magician's tricks Laughing
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LOL And when you pointed the fly whisk at someone it turned into a bunch of flowers?

The whisk or the person at whom I pointed it? Very Happy

All I remember from the dream is that it looked like a real grenade, the kind I trained with in the service many years ago, and when I threw it I even cringed, ready for the deafening explosion. Imagine my surprise when a bunch of shredded, techno-color paper spewed out. Shocked

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All I remember from the dream is that it looked like a real grenade, the kind I trained with in the service many years ago, and when I threw it I even cringed, ready for the deafening explosion. Imagine my surprise when a bunch of shredded, techno-color paper spewed out.

Okay, now it's the same thing here too, kmt_sesh, your brain is telling you something important. Now to dream about a grenade means that you may be going through an explosive and trying situation in your awake life. The bomb could represent repressed desires and unexpressed emotions that are likely to explode or burst if not dealt with soon. It could be something within yourself, such as the desire to explode with anger over an issue that's affecting you.

Now this part is different, to see confetti in your dream, represents achievement and success. You have achieved a higher level of growth and learning. You have reached a turning point in your life. You may be expressing joy, victory, and freedom from restraint.
So maybe this all means that after you 'explode' and you've expressed what you've been feeling, you will be happy and joyful, and then you can even start to sing this song....

..."I can see clearly now, the rain has gone. I can see all obsticles in my way. Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind, It's gonna be a bright, bright, sun shiny day." Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The bomb could represent repressed desires and unexpressed emotions that are likely to explode or burst if not dealt with soon.

Or it could simply be that the person at whom I threw the grenade was my boss, and I was just trying in my dream to solve the work problems. The colorful confetti might be my own subconscious mocking me. Mad

The dreams keep coming. Last night I dreamt our gift shop at the museum was already loaded up with Tut memorablia and nicknacks, even though the exhibit won't be here for another year. There were Tut t-shirts, Tut mugs, Tut Frisbees, Tut lamps, and all manner of Tut books. The last one is already coming true, but I have to wonder what all we'll find in our gift shop when the exhibit arrives in May 2006.

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, do you know who exactly you threw it at? Any ideas?

Maybe you dreamt about all of the Tut memorabilia because you can't wait until the exhibit comes. By the way, do you know if it's coming to Toronto or not? I really hope so, because I couldn't afford to see it in Chicago.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea who I threw the grenade at. It was just a dumb dream. I used to be in the military as a combat medic, and the training was so intensive at times that to this day, though it's been many years, military things still pop up in my dreams from time to time. Sometimes I'll dream I'm in combat and my M16 turns out to be a squirt gun. Talk about feeling impotent.

Oh, so THAT'S it! These dreams express my typical male fear of not being able to...er...um...stand at attention?

And of course the dream about the gift shop is because I'm excited about the exhibit. I can't tell you how excited I am! My work with the museum and its ancient Egyptian exhibit is likely the closest I'll ever come actually to seeing Egypt, and all my life I've wanted to see Tut.

Sorry, but the exhibit is not stopping in Canada. I think it really should as long as it's in the Western Hemisphere because Canada has some major museums, but after Los Angeles the exhibit is going to:

Museum of Art | Fort Lauderdale, FL (December 15, 2005 - April 23, 2006)

The Field Museum | Chicago, IL (May 26, 2006 - January 01, 2007)

The Franklin Institute | Philadelphia, PA (February 3, 2007 - September 30, 2007)

After that it's going back overseas, to Great Britain, and I don't know where following the U.K. Do any of these other venues work for you? No trips to any of those other regions during those times? This is truly one exhibit to see. I hope you can make it, Daniella. If not, seriously, do buy the exhibit's companion book! It's a beautiful book.

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I used to be in the military as a combat medic, and the training was so intensive at times that to this day, though it's been many years, military things still pop up in my dreams from time to time.

That's cool, wow you've accomplished alot, how come you're not in it anymore?
Quote:
Oh, so THAT'S it! These dreams express my typical male fear of not being able to...er...um...stand at attention?

Laughing

Quote:
Sorry, but the exhibit is not stopping in Canada.

Crying or Very sad *rips heart out of chest* WHY???
I guess I could go to Chicago to see it, it is almost a year away I could start saving money now. Smile I could also go to the Philadelphia one but that's in 2007!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's cool, wow you've accomplished alot, how come you're not in it anymore?

My, that was so many years ago. I received an honorable medical discharge because of problems in my knees that I've suffered since I was a young teen. I don't miss it much...my life went in new directions after that.

Quote:
I guess I could go to Chicago to see it, it is almost a year away I could start saving money now. I could also go to the Philadelphia one but that's in 2007!

Do go if you can make it. Who knows how long it may be before the Egyptian government allows another Tut exhibit, if ever?

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I received an honorable medical discharge because of problems in my knees that I've suffered since I was a young teen.

That sucks, I know a few people with bad knees and it prevents them doing alot of things, I guess it's worse if you're heavy too, but what can you do, right?
Quote:
Do go if you can make it. Who knows how long it may be before the Egyptian government allows another Tut exhibit, if ever?

In that case, I'm going to make it my goal to go! King Tut, here I come! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In that case, I'm going to make it my goal to go! King Tut, here I come!

That's the attitude. You go, girl!

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, maybe I'll see you there?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you happen to be at the Chicago exhibit on most any weekend durings its stay at the Field, you'll almost certainly see me there! I'll be haunting that exhibit! Very Happy

Visit my blog!
Brunhilde
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have weird dreams at night...

I'm walking uphill past these mountains. This guy in black, who isn't exactly clean shaven comes up to me. "So comrade, are you frightnened?"

I'm holding some kind of rivel,maybe even a bayonet!Like the ones I heard the Bolsheviks carry in the books I read!I feel like a general in the dream!

I'm really shakey. I say. "I am afraid that I will be be worse than you."
He smiles. "You will be better than me, just watch out for backstabbers."
"I don't know..."
He says. "Come on, would Sosso ever lie to you?"

And then I wake up. It's interesting because I am obsessed with Russian history, and recently been researching communist ideas.
If Sosso is who I think he represents, I hope I answer 'no' if this continues.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you're not having too much borshch and vodka before bedtime? Laughing

Visit my blog!
Brunhilde
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, just visiting revolutionaryleft.com right before might have done it.

Oh, and this picture of young Stalin. He looks so likable but the eyes are Twisted Evil . You know, a devil really did come from Georgia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: