Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Egyptian Dream
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually you may think your dreams have nothing to do with your day, but they work in mysterious ways, derams do. There are hidden messages in them. I interpret my dreams on-line and they end up telling me excactly how I am feeling.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about strange dreams, I had one last night about our ancient Egypt exhibit at the museum. I guess it doesn't qualify as a dream about ancient Egypt. I've dreamt about our exhibit before, but this one was quite odd.

We have this New Kingdom pink-granite sarcophagus that's fully inscribed all the way around, except the way it's exhibited the sarcophagus is up against a wall--you can see only the inscriptions on the ends and the outer side. I've always been very curious about what exactly the inscriptions say on the hidden side.

In my dream the cleaning staff had moved the sarcophagus out away from the wall so they could clean behind it--never mind that this thing weighs more than a car (I guess they were very strong janitors). Oh, how excited I was finally to get to see the hidden side, like a little boy at Christmas! What fun!

And then who shows up in my dream? None other than Zahi Hawass. He wanted to help me with my translations. That would be all right, except in my dream he was shirtless, and I didn't want to be anywhere near his big flabby, hairy torso. He kept coming too close to me and kind of ruined the whole experience.

I wonder what I was smoking last night?

Well, anneke will know exactly what caused this. I'm not making this up, anneke--this was my dream last night. At least in the dream there were no g-strings involved.

The rest of you, trust me...you don't want to know... Shocked

Visit my blog!
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, anneke will know exactly what caused this. I'm not making this up, anneke--this was my dream last night.

LMAO That's funny Very Happy
I was going to say that it's some egyptian god or goddess' punishment. Who would do that though? Somehow Bes popped into my mind after I phrased the question.

Quote:
At least in the dream there were no g-strings involved.

topless is not much better though in this case... Wink

Quote:
The rest of you, trust me...you don't want to know... :shock

No, you don't want to know Laughing
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was going to say that it's some egyptian god or goddess' punishment. Who would do that though? Somehow Bes popped into my mind after

Hmm, worth consideration. Perhaps in my dream I should have looked inside the sarcophagus. Maybe I would have spied a dancing, chuckling dwarf wearing a wacky mask.

Quote:
topless is not much better though in this case...

Well, not much better, maybe. But if Hawass had been wearing a g-string in my dream, I think that at the moment I woke up I would have had to run for psychotherapeutic help to try to figure out what that was about.

And by "psychotherapeutic help" I of course mean lots of pills. Lots and lots of pills. Shocked

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm.....I do. Since I started this topic I think I deserve to know.
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, not much better, maybe. But if Hawass had been wearing a g-string in my dream, I think that at the moment I woke up I would have had to run for psychotherapeutic help to try to figure out what that was about.

That's nothing, all of my dreams end up getting naughty, yes including the one with you kmt_sesh. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's nothing, all of my dreams end up getting naughty, yes including the one with you kmt_sesh.

You are a naughty girl. la

But we'd better stop this while Egyptian Dreams is still more or less rated PG.

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But we'd better stop this while Egyptian Dreams is still more or less rated PG.

You are absolutely right! Good thinking, I'll leave the naughty stuff at Hatshepsu's web-site.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll leave the naughty stuff at Hatshepsu's web-site.

Indeed. My mommy said I'm not allowed to go there. Wink

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My mommy said I'm not allowed to go there.

you're cute. Wink

if you do go, I'm scorpio.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if you do go, I'm scorpio.

Do you sting?

On a somewhat related subject to dreams, who here thinks they've been reincarnated from an Egyptian past life? I don't have much interest in this myself but have met more than one person at our museum exhibit who claims to have been an Egyptian in a past life. The only credible thing about their stories to me is that they never claim to have been pharaohs or queens or powerful courtiers, but simple, average commoners.

By "credible" I don't mean to make fun of anyone. I'm not fully convinced in the whole reincarnation thing, but I've heard a few stories and read a particular book that makes it impossible for me to dismiss altogether. Wink

Visit my blog!
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I had a flash-back, I wouldn't know if it was my fertile imagination going in overdrive after reading too much about Ancient Egypt, or if it could possibly be a "memory".

I don't have any "memories" from past lives. I have thought about doing a past life regression. Even if this is not scientifically sound, I would be interested in seeing what my mind would conjure up when asked about a previous life Very Happy

They always say that your natural interests in history could be an indication of a previous life. If that's true (big if), then I must have lived in Tudor England, somewhere in Florence during the Renaissance, during the period of ca 1200 in England, In Egypt during the 18th dynasty, and in Egypt during the 5th-6th dynasty transition period Laughing
Oh and maybe a short stint in Scotland?

Who knows? No impressions or flashbacks from those times though, just a special interest Smile
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who knows? No impressions or flashbacks from those times though, just a special interest

That's a good point. So is the one you made about people's special interest in history. You ask people like us--who are truly obsessed by some certain point in history or a particular ancient civilization--and often we can't say precisely why we're so fascinated by this or that. It just seems innate, inborn. (Not inbred...let's not go there!)

So if a past life determines our fascinations in this life, then I would have to say that I lived in Egypt in the Old Kingdom and/or New Kingdom, ancient Israel, Celtic Ireland, the American West of the 1700s and 1800s as a Lakota, and on a planet called Chulac as a Jaffa...oh, sorry, that last one was my love of Stargate popping up again. Surprised

Visit my blog!
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:

So if a past life determines our fascinations in this life, then I would have to say that I lived in Egypt in the Old Kingdom and/or New Kingdom, ancient Israel, Celtic Ireland, the American West of the 1700s and 1800s as a Lakota,

Hmmm, unlikely that we have met in a previous life then Very Happy. Unless that happened in egypt.
It is kinda funny, not to mention strange, how some time periods just grab your attention completely. And some other places and times just do nothing for you. Or very little past the general intellectual curiosity anything new sparks.
When I was listing my time periods, I was mentally going through my bookshelves Wink

kmt_sesh wrote:
and on a planet called Chulac as a Jaffa...oh, sorry, that last one was my love of Stargate popping up again. Surprised

LOL Have to admit I own 7 seasons on DVD and was just watching an episode Laughing
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you sting?

Only if you've been a bad boy Laughing No, i meant my username is scorpio on Hatshepsu's forum.

Quote:
who here thinks they've been reincarnated from an Egyptian past life?

Although that would be kind of amazing, I don't believe in reincarnation, so I guess my answer is no. I'm trying to make the most out of this life why would I worry about if I had another life in the past. I mean, I do love reading about ancient Egypt and I used to be absolutely fascinated by Native Americans but that doesn't mean I was one at one point in time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: