Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Egyptian Dream
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LOL Have to admit I own 7 seasons on DVD and was just watching an episode

You must know that makes me very, very envious of you. I have only the first season on DVD. I'll catch up sooner or later.

Visit my blog!
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of believe in reincarnation/past lives, but I really have this nagging feeling in me that I wasn't an Egyptian in a past life. Aren't you only meant to have one past life? (I'm not sure about this though) but there are quite a few reasons I don't think I would have been an Egyptian-mainly I don't look like an Egyptian, have no Egyptian ancestry (some people believe past lives are linked to DNA), only got interested in Egypt in my late teens, have never ever had a strong flashback or deja vu of ancient Egypt, and I am having a hard time trying to learn the Egyptian language. And if someone took me back in time to ancient Egypt, I'd have a hard time trying to survive there...especially if I was a peasant!

I would not like to get regressed. Because I'd be so disappointed if my past life wasn't in ancient Egypt, and even if I did go to Egypt in a regression, I'd blame my imagination and watching too many documentaries for my visions...
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:
Aren't you only meant to have one past life?

People who believe in reincarnation think we come back again and again.
The idea is that your soul (after a time of rest) just gets born into a different body. And this process repeats.

isisinacrisis wrote:

I would not like to get regressed. Because I'd be so disappointed if my past life wasn't in ancient Egypt, and even if I did go to Egypt in a regression, I'd blame my imagination and watching too many documentaries for my visions...

I with you on that last part Smile I wouldn't trust my reading and all the documentaries I've seen not to influenced my visions.

On the other hand I have read that under hypnosis you are in some state that you will try to obey the orders given to you (hence people clucking like chicken under hypnosis). So if you're given the instruction to regress into a past life, you may just construct one even if you haven't lived before.

So assume (for the sake of argument) for a sec that this is all in your mind. I for one would find it interesting to see what my subconscious would cook up if it was told to regress to my Egyptian life Very Happy You would create a persona, and the regressions apparently feel quite real. Your mind would maybe create the sights and smells of a past world based on your own readings and beliefs. Could be very interesting I think.

On the other hand if there really is such a thing as a past life, then your visions may not agree at all with the images you have created in your mind.

What holds me back as well is the fact that I don't like the idea of people messing with my mind. Must be the control freak in me... Laughing
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true about the many past lives thing-it's just that when people get regressed, they tend to only see one of these lives, that's why I asked. But the Hindu/Buddhist beliefs say you have many many lives.

However, I do have a slight feeling that if I did have a past life in Egypt, I would not have been human. I think i would have been a cat Wink
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, I do have a slight feeling that if I did have a past life in Egypt, I would not have been human. I think i would have been a cat

I have read of just such a thing--where people believe they had lived a past life, but as an animal, not a human.

You'll just have to travel to Egypt, isisinacrisis. People who suspect they had a past life in a particular place will sooner or later make the effort to go there. And once there, visiting certain sites, they will suddenly recall "memories" and see things that occured there when they lived back then.

So pack your things and head to Egypt. Let us know how it works out! Very Happy

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even sure I know anything at all about rencarnation and seeing past lives, it sounds very odd. Like, do people actually have visions? Or do they just have episodes of deja-vous Question
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it comes in different ways.
Some experience something like a memory that surfaces.
Others need to go through hypnosis to regress into their previous lives.
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Some experience something like a memory that surfaces.

That makes alot of sense, and I have had some memories of my own that I asked my mom about and she doesn't know what the heck I'm talking about, either they are my past life memories or my mom is losing her this life memories. Razz
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniella wrote:
.. either they are my past life memories or my mom is losing her this life memories. Razz

LOL Really sucks when you loose your "this life memories"... Laughing

I only have one of these "memories". It's really weird, but I have this image of me bowing down before someone, and then I'm looking up feeling really intimidated and scared. This person is a really tall strong built man, who is dressed as a medievil knight.
It's strange because I know for sure I have never bowed down in supplication before some royal or noble person in this life. Very Happy I have read my share of books about this period of time, so it could just be an overactive imagination...
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I only have one of these "memories". It's really weird, but I have this image of me bowing down before someone, and then I'm looking up feeling really intimidated and scared. This person is a really tall strong built man, who is dressed as a medievil knight.

Are you sure you hadn't just fallen asleep and dreamed after watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Probably I'm just jealous because I don't think I have any such "memories."

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LOL Really sucks when you loose your "this life memories"...

Laughing Absolutely, my mom was just talking to me today about how I used to play with a girl with wooden legs, and I-for the life of me-can't remember that. That sounds like something one would remember. Razz

Quote:
I have read my share of books about this period of time, so it could just be an overactive imagination...

But I don;t think your imagination could be that strong and overactive as to make you believe you were having a past life vision, I have a really oveactive imagination and I daydream all day but it's all me controlling it..like, because even you read alot your brain stores the information but it doesn't create 'memories'. So your vision might really be something incredable like a real past life memory, maybe, or maybe you're going insane? Laughing just kidding.
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you sure you hadn't just fallen asleep and dreamed after watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

LMAO No dear! Laughing No effeminate sons breaking out in song.

No french soldiers yelling:
"I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. " and "I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts."

Other favs are the exchanges with the peasants:
"Peasant 1: How do you know he's a king?
Peasant 2: He hasn't got *** all over him."

The scene that eally cracks me up is this one:

Quote:

Arthur: Old woman!
Dennis: MAN!
Arthur: Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
Dennis: I'm 37.
Arthur: What?
Dennis: I'm 37! I'm not old!
Arthur: Well, I can't just call you "man".
Dennis: You could say "Dennis".
Arthur: I didn't know you were called Dennis.
Dennis: Well you didn't bother to find out, did you?
Arthur: I did say I'm sorry about the old woman thing, but from behind you looked...
Dennis: What I object is to you automatically treat me like an inferior.
Arthur: Well, I am king.
Dennis: Oh, king, eh - very nice. And how'd you get that, then? By exploiting the workers! By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress...
Woman: Dennis, Dennis! There's some lovely filth down here. Oh, how'd you do?
Arthur: How'd you do good lady? I am Arthur, king of the Britons. Whose castle is that?
Woman: King of the who?
Arthur: The Britons.
Woman: Who are the Britons?
Arthur: Well, we all are. We are all Britons and I am your king.
Woman: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
Dennis: You're foolin' yourself. We're living in a dicatorship! A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working class...
Woman: Oh there you go bringing class into it again!
Dennis: That's what it's all about! If only people would realize...
Arthur: Please, please good people. I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?
Woman: No one lives there.
Arthur: Then who is your lord?
Woman: We don't have a lord.
Arthur: What?!
Dennis: I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week.
Arthur: Yes.
Dennis: But all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting...
Arthur: Yes, I see.
Dennis:...by a simple majority. In the case of purely internal affairs...
Arthur: Be quiet.
Dennis:...require two thirds majority. In the case of old ladys...
Arthur: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
Woman: Order, eh? Who does he think he is?
Arthur: I am your king!
Woman: Well, I didn't vote for you.
Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well, how did you become King, then?
Arthur: The Lady of the Lake,... [Angel chorus begins singing in background] her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [Angel chorus ends] That is why I am your king!
Dennis: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis: —but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
Arthur: Shut up!
Dennis: I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
Arthur: Shut up, will you? Shut up!
Dennis: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system!
Arthur: Shut up!
Dennis: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
Arthur: Bloody peasant!
Dennis: Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

Sorry about the Monty Python Digression. It's all John's fault..... Twisted Evil
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kmt_sesh wrote:

Quote:

God, that movie was hilarious! Laughing Another good Monty Python movie is The Meaning of Life.

Quote:
It's all John's fault.....

It's always John's fault, he is such bad influence on us all! We must punish him! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
Quote:
Sorry about the Monty Python Digression. It's all John's fault.....

Well, it appears we've found a slight Very Happy Monty Python fan. I still enjoy those old movies, but one of my best friends and I were fanatics about Python when we were in high school. We did Monty Python skits at CYO and all that. Couldn't get enough of it. My friend was a HUGE Python fan and could recite verbatim the kinds of lines you quoted above. I think the favorite Python skit for both of us was the dead parrot. "Wake up, Polly!" And then there's the insult office: "What do you want, you overwieght heap of parrot droppings!" Or something like that.

Ahhhhh, memories.

Daniella wrote:
Quote:
It's always John's fault, he is such bad influence on us all! We must punish him!

Why am I always the one blamed? I'm good and pure and innocent. Very Happy

More importantly, what sorts of punishments are involved? Twisted Evil

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm good and pure and innocent.

Laughing That's a laugh and a half! Laughing

I'm only teasing. Razz

Quote:
More importantly, what sorts of punishments are involved?

Use your imagination...oh, right I forgot....you're 'good and pure and innocent'. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: