Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Amarna Princess on ebay!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get a bit of money, I would love to buy even a small amulet as an Egyptian antiquity. There are shops near the British Museum that sell them...but of course, I wouldn't be sure if they were authentic. But the idea of having even a tiny little amulet that was made by ancient Egyptians thousands of years ago...it's almost magical.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But the idea of having even a tiny little amulet that was made by ancient Egyptians thousands of years ago...it's almost magical.

I totally agree. I've always wanted an authentic Egyptian ushabti figurine; a couple of my museum friends have actual ushabtis given to them by a prominent Egyptologist who used to work at the Field. You see these little figurines on occasion at e-bay, but I have no way of knowing if they're real. What's one to do?

But just about any kind of amulet would be terrific, too. If I had my pick I'd want a sah or tit or (of course) heart scarab. Fat chance with that last one, I know. Confused

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I had my pick I'd want a sah or tit

I think all guys want tits...........Anyways! Where would one go to get these little amulets? I would really like to have one of Bastet or even Bes.
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself wouldn't trust buying antiquities Ebay unless you're really sure the antiquities are legit. In fact, you can't be certain if they are genuine whether they are sold online or offline-there are forgeries made in Egypt too.
There are shops outside the British Museum selling antiquities, maybe those could be real, if they are outside the museum, but I'm not sure. I suppose the best thing would be would be to become an archeologist, go to Egypt, dig about a bit, if you're lucky you may find an amulet!
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniella wrote:
Quote:
I think all guys want tits...........

Now how did I know someone would say that? Twisted Evil

Quote:
I suppose the best thing would be would be to become an archeologist, go to Egypt, dig about a bit, if you're lucky you may find an amulet!

If you're lucky enough, you could befriend an Egyptologist, mention to him that his home looks rather cluttered with all of this Egyptian stuff sitting around, and put it in his head that he really needs to unload some of it. Wink

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just got a credit card so I've been looking around Ebay.
Quote:
I suppose the best thing would be would be to become an archeologist, go to Egypt, dig about a bit, if you're lucky you may find an amulet!

In my dreams! In my Egyptian Dreams. Razz
Quote:
If you're lucky enough, you could befriend an Egyptologist, mention to him that his home looks rather cluttered with all of this Egyptian stuff sitting around

Or her. Smile Although that would be really cool, it's not likely, I'm better off buying new stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Or her. Although that would be really cool, it's not likely, I'm better off buying new stuff.

Or her, yes. I stand corrected. I come from classical English literature training where it was stuck in our heads that the masculine pronoun must be used when gender is non-specific. Silly old-fashioned grammatical rule. It so happens one of my favorite Egyptologists is Salima Ikram, a woman, and I should have remembered that. Wink

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: