Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

king's son amenemat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: king's son amenemat Reply with quote

dodson and hilton mention a king's son amenemhat placed in the early-mid 18th dynasty.

Quote:
unplaced, probably in the earlier part of the dynasty. owner of a rewrapped mummy found in the cliffs north of tomb TT280 and, probably, of the adjacent tomb MMA 1021.

what do we know of this mummy? would it be in cairo museum or qasr el aini? thinking it would be good for DNA testing if they ever got back to it.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodson / Hilton : Complete Royal Families (2004) mention for this period at least three king sons with this name. Doesn't the Australian expenditure have a pagination?

Miroslaw Barwik : The Owner of Cliff Tomb MMA 1021 at Thebes. - In: Göttinger Miszellen - Beiträge zur ägyptologischen Diskussion. - GM 165. - Göttingen : Universität / Ägyptologisches Seminar, 1998. - pp. 13 - 21. - ISSN : 0344-385X :

Quote:
"... A mummy of one-year old boy placed in a reused coffin dating to the period of the 20th (21st ?) dynasty was found nearby, at a distance of about 10 m from the tomb. This secondary burial was covered with a flat stone. The hieratic inscription written on the cover of the coffin allowed it to be identified as that of the mummy of a child named Amenemhet.

A hypothesis put forward by Hayes that he could have been the heir to the throne or even the co-regent of Amenhotep I does not have a sound basis, however. A pectoral with the name of Amenhotep I found on the mummy is certainly no proof of connection between Amenemhet and Amenhotep I, because it can be dated to the late ramesside period.

A hieratic annotation on the back of the pectoral provides, however, interesting information concerning the time when Amenemhet's mummy was probably protected and its secondary burial took place. ..."

In a food note on page 14 is an reference on Harris / Wente : An X-ray Atlas of the royal mummies. - Chicago : Universty Press, 1980. - p. 130.
My copy is not present to me at the moment. I assume however that the mummy due to this reference should be in Cairo Museum?

Greetings, Lutz.
kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for the info lutz. i only knew of thutmose I's son amenemhat. and he seems to be a separate person to this mummy, if indeed this amenemhat was a 1 year old child.

and i should think if the mummy is mentioned in the x ray atlas, it would be in cairo. i wonder if they even considered mummies of princes and princesses to use in the DNA testing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: