Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daniella's Artwork
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite impressed by your work as it is Very Happy

I tried acrylic paint before and gave up at that point because I had a hard time getting the details to come out right.

You inspired me to maybe try again.

I'm looking forward to seeing your future paintings.
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ANd feel free to completely ignore me, but often in the drawings in the original tomb scenes, they continue the jaw line a bit beyond the neck. (Yours stops at the throat). I noticed in my own paintings that continuing the jawline a bit gives a slightly different effect.

Okay, I didn't ignore this previously, I just figured that you were right. When I got home I looked at all of my books on ancient Egypt and most of the paintings that I saw were like mine (no jaw line). And I noticed that it's not a characteristic of a certain time period, because one painting I saw of two figures, one had the line and one didn't. I'm not trying to be a bugger, it's just that I don't ussually do things wrong and it bugged me that you would point that out.

Yes the effect is.......different, but I don't think it should've been mentioned, I mean, I would never say to you "You know, your paintings would have a "different effect" if you didn't trace them".
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never implied you did anything wrong at all.
I just mentioned that I had noticed the fact that sometimes jawlines get continued (I quite deliberately used the word often in my sentence to point out it's not a rule or anything).
I only meant to tell you what I had been thinking about and experiment with. Hence the "ignore this if you want" preface to it.

Quote:
I don't think it should've been mentioned, I mean, I would never say to you "You know, your paintings would have a "different effect" if you didn't trace them".

I don't see why not. I never criticized anything you did. Nor put you down in any way shape or form.

I personally like hearing the impressions of other people who paint. It was meant as an exchange of ideas, nothing else.

I would never say anything negative about your artwork btw. I like your stuff too much for that.

And you're right btw. My paintings would have quite different if I didn't trace my paintings Laughing I don't have as much talent as you do when it comes to drawing free-hand Wink
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You needn't take it as negative criticism, Daniella. I'm no artist, but I saw it as one artist sharing ideas with another.

LOL You have to develop a thick skin if your serious about this stuff. As a graphic designer I'll labor for hours on a project and pour my heart and soul into it for a client, and then he'll come along and say "Change this, change that" until it no longer resembles what I had crafted. Indeed, in the end it might look like crap to me, but I have to grin and bear it. I just don't add it to my professional portfolio.

I wait till I'm home so I can scream and rant. Laughing

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LOL You have to develop a thick skin if your serious about this stuff.

Laughing You're right. I'm probably the thinnest skinned person I know.......you know what I mean. Razz Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm probably the thinnest skinned person I know

Well, best remember to put on that sun screen come summer! You don't want to look like this guy.

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That's attractive. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: