Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd News Stories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Odd News Stories Reply with quote

I just thought I'd share a couple of news stories that caught my attention. On my long commutes to and from work I like to listen to WGN 720 radio, and they sometimes report strange or weird news reports just for their entertainment value.

Here's one that boils my blood. A doctor in New Hampshire had a sit-down with a patient of his and warned her flat out that she needed to lose weight because her health was suffering. She was clinically obese. What does she do? Go on a diet? Begin an exercise program? No, this silly woman wrote a letter of complaint to the Board of medicine because she was "offended." There is not just an obesity epidemic in the United States but something far more troubling, in my opinion: an epidemic of failure to take responsibility. No one owns up to his or her own problems. The solution is to complain or sue. This is pathetic...a major pet peeve of mine, if you can tell. Mad Mad Mad Mad

I found this story about it on the internet, and I'm sure there are plenty more out there: http://www.ktvu.com/news/4882438/detail.html

And here's one just for anneke. Early last week a Chicago woman went into emergency surgery for appendicitis. Two days later her husband went in for exactly the same condition. What is this, an appendicitis epidemic? Shocked

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one about the fat chic is so.......... Mad I can't find a word. The same thing happened to my aunt, except she didn't get all dramatic and file a lawsuit, she joined a gym. Smile
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And here's one just for anneke. Early last week a Chicago woman went into emergency surgery for appendicitis. Two days later her husband went in for exactly the same condition. What is this, an appendicitis epidemic?

That's weird Shocked All my friends and family are okay it seems.... Smile

There are worse things in life, but "fun" is definitely different...
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniella wrote:
Quote:
The same thing happened to my aunt, except she didn't get all dramatic and file a lawsuit, she joined a gym.

Now see? That's one smart woman. We need more people like that.

anneke wrote:
Quote:
That's weird All my friends and family are okay it seems....

The only thing I can think of is like those men whose wives are pregnant and for some reason they (the husbands) "experience" the same cramps and morning sickness and the like. So maybe this guy was so in tune with his wife that he developed the same...

Oh, never mind. There's no logical explanation for it. Confused

Here's another quicky I can share. Last month a man in Texas had picked up the body of a deceased relative from the morgue, and was driving it to a funeral home or such. The body was still on a gurney and it rolled out the back of the driver's pickup truck and landed in oncoming traffic on a busy south Dallas highway. It seems everyone in the oncoming lanes was able to swerve and avoid the body, though most of the other drivers didn't even know what it was that had fallen onto the road. No charges were filed against the guy in the pickup. Shocked

Here's a link with a bit more info: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/wireStory?id=936816

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last month a man in Texas had picked up the body of a deceased relative from the morgue, and was driving it to a funeral home or such. The body was still on a gurney and it rolled out the back of the driver's pickup truck and landed in oncoming traffic on a busy south Dallas highway.

Can you even do that? Can you pick your relative up from the morgue? That sounds really odd. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you even do that? Can you pick your relative up from the morgue? That sounds really odd.

That's what I was wondering. It seems odd. Well, they didn't file any charges against the guy, so I guess there are no laws against it. What's even stranger is that this was in Texas...the state that will practically execute you for spitting on the sidewalk.

But it was bad enough for the poor guy, right? I mean, he dumped his poor dead relative onto the highway. It's a miracle some 18-wheeler didn't drive right over the body. Can't you just picture the viewing of the body before the funeral?

"Billy-Bob, I thought this was supposed to be an open-casket wake?"

"Don't ask, mom."

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can't you just picture the viewing of the body before the funeral?

Really didn't want to, John, thanks alot! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Really didn't want to, John, thanks alot!

Ha! Put a lovely image in your head, didn't I? Laughing

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: