Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Python Vs. Gator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sitamun
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Python Vs. Gator Reply with quote

I'm not sure how much this picture and article have gone around outside of Florida, just thought I'd share.

http://smh.com.au/news/science/battle-of-the-giants-python-bursts-eating-gator/2005/10/06/1128191820927.html
Rozette
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They showed the picture here in Belgium yesterday on TV in the news.
Remarkable story Very Happy
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, that's horrible! I thought that pythons had good judgment on what they could and couldn't swallow.

I also had no idea that there were Burmese pythons in Florida, that's not good. People seriously need to be more responsible when taking care of their pets. That happens alot though, people think that these pythons are cool because they are huge so they get them when they are young and eat small rats, and then when the snakes get big enough to eat children they get rid of them. And it's incredibly hard to sell an adult python to someone else.

Burmese pythons are also very, very high maintainence and require alot of attention, all the time. I've also heard of cases where the snake actually eats the owners child. Surprised

It's like owning a tiger or something, it's stupid. Certain creatures belong in the wild and only in the wild.

May I suggest the much smaller...ball python? Smarten up people!
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not so concerned that pythons pose an enormous threat to native wildlife.
Its silly and sad that the actions of developers and the sugar cane industry are frequently ignored in reports like these much less the average Floridian's use of pesticides, fungicides and synthetic fertilizers. In the end, the alligator will eat many more pythons than the othr way around. The upside of the issue is the number of muscovy ducks, feral dogs and cats, rats and introduced iguanas, cage birds, and parrots the pythons will consume.
"O Egypt, Egypt, of your reverent deeds only stories will survive, and they will be incredible to your children! For divinity goes back to heaven, as Egypt will be widowed and deserted by god and nature."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: