Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horror Movies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brunhilde
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Horror Movies Reply with quote

One Two, Freddys' coming to get you
Three Four, Lock the door
Five Six, Grab your crucifix
Seven Eight, Gonna stay up late
Nine Ten, Never sleep again.

-Theme song to Nightmare on Elm Street

Today I saw Freddy vs. Jason. I loved it! That song is chilling, but it has a nice ring to it. It's errie when these little girls sing it--getting to the point I wonder how many of you like Horror movies?
I want to see:
Pycho-Whos the guy in that?
Halloween-Michael Myers
Friday the 13th-Jason Voherres
Nightmare on Elm Street-Fred Krueger
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a huge fan of horror, but I think that so far I would have to say that "Pet Sematary" based on the Stephen King Novel is one of the creepiest movies I have ever seen.

There's this scene where the cute little kid becomes completely evil and is waiting underneath the bed with a knife.... *shudder*
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Pet Cemetary was creepy, but I think that the scariest part was when the wife was remembering back when she took care of her sick sister. The sister was ssssssoooooooooooo creepy looking, it gave my nightmare's for weeks.

I love scary movies, my favourites are The Excorcist, House on Haunted Hill, The Grudge, Darkness Falls, and The Ring. The Ring 2 was good but not that scary for some reason.

I really want to see Saw 2 and The Fog.

I recently saw House of Wax, but it wasn't scary at all because I don't think that real people killing real people is scary at all because it could really happen and we know it happens. I like the ghost movies, they scare the s*** out of me.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think that real people killing real people is scary at all because it could really happen

Very Happy I'm the exact opposite on that. The fact that it really could happen makes it more scary to me.
I really don't like scenes for instance where someone gets into a car and it turns out someone is lurking in the backseat. Not sure why it gets to me but it does...

I'm not sure I have seen the exorcist in its entirety. That movie is always brought up here in St Louis because the story is based on an exorcism here in St Louis Very Happy The story is I think that a boy visited his aunt here in St Louis and somehow because of her experiments with the occult he becomes possessed. He returns here to St Louis, because the word appears on his chest (scratched in blood).
The rumour goes that the exorcism took place in the rectory at College Church (which is right across the street from my office at work Very Happy). Others say that the exorcism took place elsewhere Smile
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
....where someone gets into a car and it turns out someone is lurking in the backseat.

Ooooh, that would be freaky. I've seen that in the movie Urban Legends. The woman was at a gas station and she was a little freaked out by the man who was serving her (he couldn't speak very well). Anyways she thinks that he is trying to attack her because he lures her into the store and she freaks out and runs into her car and drives away, but the man was just trying to tell her that someone was hiding in her back seat.

Quote:
The rumour goes that the exorcism took place in the rectory at College Church (which is right across the street from my office at work ).

That's freaky, I hope you don't work at night time, that would terrify me. Just looking at the Church across the street, thinking I saw a shadow lurking in the window. Shocked I'm so afraid of the dark and of night time.
Brunhilde
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: classic Reply with quote

I like the 80s stuff, and my parents like the old classics like; Frankenstein,Wolfman,Dracula, you get the drift.

I like Jason though, because Friday the 13th has a pretty good forum and I have learnt alot. Camp Crystal Lake could be anywhere, possibly NJ but that's just based on license plates. 1428 Elm Street,Springwood is in Ohio.
And you get an inch-not any more-of sympathy towards the character. He was a little kid who drowned to death because of the tauntings of others. His mother promised he could not be killed.
He's REACTIVE, meaning unless you invade his territory you shall be fine. He doesn't care about revenge like Freddy. He really loves his mother, and sparred a girl because she looked like her.
xman
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those "slasher" movies are a cheap immitation of real horror. I'm with Daniella on The Ring and The Exorcist (the original, not the re-release). Cronenberg's Dead Ringers is a great movie that I wold put in the horror genre even though, like Hitchcock's Rear Window, it's more of a thriller.

X
Brunhilde
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I don't think my parents will let me see those movies.
My fathers very Catholic. And the Ring--I don't think I want to see it. I don't get the concept.

I don't want to see too many at once, my parents don't watch horror movies alot. They think I will have nightmares.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitelty have to agree with The Excorcist (not the sequels, which were ridiculous), and I'd also have to toss in the 1976 film The Omen (its sequels were pretty good, too, actually). And who can forget the original Poltergeist! Its sequels were all good watching except for the last one that was filmed here in Chicago, in the Hancock Building (film makers always take things too far). Most modern horror movies pale by comparison, but I'd have to say both The Ring movies were quite good.

I don't see anything remotely scarey about modern slash-and-gore films like Freddy and Jason. There's more blood than fright, but they can be fun to watch if your brain is in shut-down mode and you just want to kick back. That's what Halloween's great for--my favorite holiday.

I'll tell you what really scares me, aside from big hairy spiders (no posting pictures, Daniella!), and that's any movie starring Jack Black. I can't stand him! Just the sight of Jack Black makes me shudder. Surprised

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see anything remotely scarey about modern slash-and-gore films like Freddy and Jason.

True, I used to find them scarey when I was a kid but now they're pretty funny.
Quote:
I'll tell you what really scares me, aside from big hairy spiders (no posting pictures, Daniella!),

Awww, nuts! You know me too well.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Awww, nuts! You know me too well.

A long time ago you hinted at a special package possibly finding its way to my door in Chicago. The contents of that package?...A big, fat, hairy camel spider.

Now, whenever a package arrives, I know it's usually going to be a book, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking...big, fat, hairy camel spider!

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: