Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Egyptian Photographs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
murphyz
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Egyptian Photographs Reply with quote

I'm looking to find good quality, high resolution, photographs of Egyptian structures, such as a close up of pyramids and temples which I will be modifying slightly, such as adding my own 'carvings' into the walls. Any images or sites that you have/know of would be appreciated.

If you post images here that are not your own, please provide the link to where you found the image - I will need to establish copyright guidelines before I can use the images.

Many thanks

Mxx
murphyz
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an example, something such as this is perfect:

The image is nicely detailed and has plenty of 'surface' space for me to add things such as hieroglyphic signs etched into the statue.

More like this if possible...

Very Happy

Mxx
Thoth
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind if I ask what for, murphyz? The way you said that you'll be editing them and need copyright permissions from third party images makes me assume you're not just after them for your own personal collection Very Happy
I'll browse the web anyway, just in case.
"I stand like Horus. I sit like Ptah. I am strong like Thoth. Mighty like Tem. I walk with my legs. I speak with my mouth. I chase my enemy. He hath been given unto me, and he shall not be delivered from me."
Egyptian Book of the Dead
murphyz
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be using them for an Egyptian themed set of riddles for a riddle contest I am doing, mentioned elsewhere in this forum. In most cases it's probably just to put hieroglyphic symbols on it - so not a major photoshop reworking would be needed.

Cheers Smile

Mxx
Thoth
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took a while, I essentially forgot about this thread, lol
I haven't visited these two websites yet, so you'll have to forgive me if they're no use to you (narrowband internet, when you're busy, you daren't go anywhere else, lol).
Ancient Egypt magazine lists the following as royalty-free image sites, so you shouldn't have any problems with copyright laws I don't think, should they be useful.

http://www.egyptarchive.co.uk/

http://historylink101.net/egypt_1/pic_main.htm

http://www.***

I'm not sure but I think the following are artwork-based, rather than photo-based, but you may find something there, y'never know:

http://www.eyelid.co.uk/

http://www.softforall.com/Desktop/Screensavers/Egypt_of_David_Roberts03060107.htm

http://neferchichi.com

Like I said, I haven't as yet visited them, so forgive me if they're useless, but the AE magazine recommends them, and says they're royalty free, so you might find something there, even if it's for a different project later on.
"I stand like Horus. I sit like Ptah. I am strong like Thoth. Mighty like Tem. I walk with my legs. I speak with my mouth. I chase my enemy. He hath been given unto me, and he shall not be delivered from me."
Thoth
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT TO ABOVE = Heh, there isn't an edit function here, never noticed too much before. The reason I said 'two websites' was 'cause I only intended to post the two that specified photos, but then I noticed another, and then decided to post the lot for you to judge yourself...
murphyz
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links...most helpful. Very Happy

The second link looks very useful, and I noticed a few images on there that I had from a royalty free stock of photos that a friend bought a while ago...so shall have a good scoot around that site.

Been practicing my photoshopping skills lately and that seems to eat up the days...thus my apologies for taking a while to reply.

Cheers

Mxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: