Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Royal Geneology
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a discussion of this topic on the EEF archives.

The website for the archives is:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Alley/4482/archeef.html

Download the archives from February 2002
The topic is:
Princess Sharelli: the Ugaritic princess Sharelli, and an Egyptian lady as wife of Niqmed II of Ugarit.
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They make for fascinating reading! I expect you spotted the topic on Anen also! I was interested to read of the Lake scarab and the reference to the construction of the lake by Amen III for her in her town of Djaruka
One site mentions this town may have been Akhmin but the EEF have a archive topic on it, so I'm downloading that - Nov 2001

http://welcome.to/EEF
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love reading these archives. There are some really interesting discussions there. I have downloaded quite a few of them.

I noticed the added sentence to your signature. Laughing
I like it. Laughing
SenAmun
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bint_Anath II: I'm looking at the Chronicle of the Pharaos by Clayton. It mentions another Isisnofret and Tachat as wifes of Merenptah. If i understand the above correctly Bint-Anaths daughter became Merenptah's wife. Is the concusion right that one of the two wifes Clayton mentions is Bint-Anath II?
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isis-Nofret II, wife of Merneptah is usually identified as the daughter of Isis-Nofret I by Ramses.
There are some who think that the wife of Merneptah is actually Isis-Nofret III, the daughter of Khaemweset, and hence she would be the niece of Merneptah, not his sister. I don't know what that conclusion is based on.

I had heard of Tachat (=Takhat) as a wife of Merneptah. There are several other Takhats in the royal family. I think this Takhat is usually thought to be a daughter of Ramses II by a lesser wife, but we don't know which one.

I have no idea if there is a possibility that Bintanath II could be identified with Takhat. That's an interesting theory. I'm not sure if Bintanath I's daughter is ever named in the inscriptions. It might be that Bintanath II was just a name given to her by the archeologists. (It's shorter than writing out "the daughter of Princess/Queen Bintanath. Laughing )
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Tyldesley's book about Ramses:

Quote:
As the oldest daughter Bintanath heads a long line of Ramesside princesses. She plays a prominent role in her father's reign and we find her image standing with that of the colossal Ramses at Karnak, at Wadi-es-Sebua and at Pi-Ramesse. We've already seen Bintanath become King's Wife, bearing her father the anonymous daughter who appears twice on the walls of the impressive tomb in the VAlley of the Queens where she is identified merely as the "King's bodily daughter" (QV 71).
The septuagenarian Bintanath was one of the few royal children to outlive her father, dying during the reign of her brother Merenptah. The "Royal Daughter, Royal Sister, Great Royal Wife Bintanath" appears on a statue of Merenptah in front of the Luxor pylon; for some this is clear proof that Bintanath married her brother after her father's death. However, given her age, and the fact that she was effectively Merenptah's widowed step-mother, this seems unlikely. Parallels with Nefertari II daughter of Nefertari, Iset-Nofret II daughter of Iset-Nofret, and the much earlier junior Amarna Princesses Meritaten-the-Younger and Ankhesenpaaten-the-Younger (assumed to be daughters of Meritaten and Ankhesenpaaten by their father Akhenaten) suggests that this new Bintanath "wife of Merenptah" may in fact be Bintanath II, the hitherto anonymous daughter of Bintanath and Ramses.

anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning Takhat:
The King following Merenptah is called Amenmesse. His mother is named Takhat. It is not known if he was a son of Merenptah or a son of Ramses.

If you take Merenptah as the father, then this would make Takhat the wife of Merenptah.

Takhat is equally mysterious. She was intended to share her son's tomb (KV 10) and she is merely denoted as King's Mother.
By omission this is usually taken to mean that she is not a King's daughter. It's interesting that she doesn't claim to be a King's Wife either!
This may simply mean that she was a minor wife or concubine of Merneptah (or Ramses).

Merenptah was known to be the father of Crown-Prince Seti-Merenptah (his mother was Isis-Nofret II, Merenptah's sister/wife)
SenAmun
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting is that there is also a Tachat II supposedly married to Seti II according to the Clayton book. Confusing all this hehe
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Sesen and I have noted before that to ensure maximal confusion, they seemed to have a minimum of 2 different people of the same name at any time Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, Sesen and I have noted before that to ensure maximal confusion, they seemed to have a minimum of 2 different people of the same name at any time

Wink Welcome Senamun! Re: name confusion - hehe its only just begun!
SenAmun
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name confusion? My name isn't so confusing i hope Laughing
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SenAmun wrote:
Name confusion? My name isn't so confusing i hope Laughing

No, yours is nice. You just added another name (Takhat) to our "multiple recipient awards" Laughing
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Name confusion? My name isn't so confusing i hope

No definately not yours Very Happy Only one SenAmun here!Wink
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I noticed the added sentence to your signature.
I like it.

Just saw that at the top of the page Laughing Thankyou Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: