Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Sobek-em-saf II (XVIIth Dynasty)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerkira
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: King Sobek-em-saf II (XVIIth Dynasty) Reply with quote

Hello, all

Does someone know if the tomb of this king has been actually found? Does it have a number in the official list? I'll be grateful if somebody would redirect me to a map of the area. Many thanks.

Kerkira
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find anything specific about the location of the tomb of Sobekemsaf II.
Some websites claim that the pyramid has been found, but I can't find any detailed information.
A 20th dynasty papyrus mentions that his pyramid was robbed, and his mummy may have even been burned at that time.

Sobekemsaf was buried in a pyramid in Dra Abu el-Naga which is in western Thebes.
I have never seen a numbered list of the pyramids from the 17th dynasty.

I can't find any info in my books either...
Sorry I can't be more helpful Confused
Kerkira
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Anneke. It seems that good old king Sobek-em-saf the 2nd went down into history only as the victim of the most famous tomb robbery in ancient Egypt. I've read the translation of the Abbott papyrus in http://nefertiti.iwebland.com/texts/pabbott.htm. Sobek-em-saf II appears to have been buried besides other kings in nearby tombs. I wonder if any of those has been located and verified beyond any doubt. Comments welcome. Best regards.

Kerkira
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: