Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How did he die?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osiris II
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon reading all of the above postings, I find several statements that I feel I must comment on.
As I have said many times, the CT scan shows that Tutankhamen had NO physical defects--he was not lame, did not have curvature of the spine, did not need to use a cane. He seems to have been a typical young man, quite healthy.
The missing sternum more than likely was post-mortum. It may have been during the embalming process, it may have occurred when Carter and his team examined the mummy in their search for jewelry.
The leg-break also is questionable as to whether it occurred before or after death. The experts that did the scan were divided 3 to 3 on this subject. If before, it could have caused an infection that killed Tutankhamen.
To go on and on about Nefertiti, Neferneferaten, sucession, letters to Hittites, et al is sensless. It is a period in Egyptian history that we know very little positively about--it has earned its name of the Amarna Tar Pits. The more answers, the more questions...
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris II wrote:

To go on and on about Nefertiti, Neferneferaten, sucession, letters to Hittites, et al is sensless. It is a period in Egyptian history that we know very little positively about--it has earned its name of the Amarna Tar Pits.

The Dahamunzu letter episode does not belong in the same category as the other issues. These letters have been studied and translated by a noted Hittitologist. The only questions left in this are what the possible motivations for the people involved could have been, but then again thats usually the hardest to figure out from across the milennia.

And just because we don't know the answers to the other questions doesn't make the discussion senseless. I have learned quite a bit by discussion the minutiae of these issues. You just can't expect to get to difinitive answers, especially when even the experts do not agree Very Happy

I agree with everything else you said. The CT scans were quite interesting. They still don't provide a conclusive answer but they did manage to put some theories to rest Very Happy

Weren't they supposed to scan several other mummies as well? I never heard any more about that.
VBadJuJu
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhesenamun15 wrote:
I am sorry i do not remember quotes off the top off my head, but i do not have my books and/or essays with me!
I am curious as to which Egyptologists, researchers and authors are most influential in the development of these scenarios and convictions.

- Thanks
Ankhesenamun15
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly a good friend of mine has been an Egyptologist for ten years, im doing my Egyptology degree next year, and as for authors i have about 300 books so...it really varies in their theories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: