Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Art Gallery of Works by Egyptian Dreams Members
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Art Gallery of Works by Egyptian Dreams Members Reply with quote

I liked the idea of having one spot where people could post their latest artwork.

I will cheat a bit and refer you to my webpage of egyptian inspired paintings:

Anneke's Paintings
imanobody
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help get this thing started by posting some of my old stuff. Some of it's photoshoped, but it's still art.... in a way Confused

3D khufu hiero:

Some photoshoped humor I did:
(behind the secret wall in the king's chamber)

(aliens explain the bent pyramid)

Maybe one day I'll get around to making some real art. I hope more people will post their old stuff so we don't have to go looking for it.
Wink
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laughing5 That is so funny imanobody, I always knew there was something the AE's were missing out on, and now I know. It's a Grande doulbe-shot vanilla latte, whith soya milk and extra foam. It takes the saying "A Starbucks on every corner" to a whole new level. Laughing
I think it's a great idea if everyone puts their old pictures on too, because there's probably a lot of them I haven't seen. They'll get quite easily missed, I suppose.
Don't expect any imput from me though, firstly I can't draw - you should see my attempts at drawing hieroglyphs it's hilarious, all the bird glyphs look exactly the same as each other! There's no telling the difference between a heron and a quail. I'm a rubbish painter, and I'm no good with computer graphics (I secretly think computers hate me). Evil or Very Mad The only 'artistic' thing I've ever done was a Creative Writing Course a few years ago (I know it doesn't show).
Anyway, the pictures are beautiful imanobody & anneke, hope to see more, thanks for sharing. Wink

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having problems with my digital camera, so this must be one of the crappiest quality pictures ever Evil or Very Mad

But here's a painting of a small statue of Tut:
Smartie
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do graphics count? if so I have tons
I didn't like the end result..so I stopped Sad
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/8522/nefertari923849lz.jpg
My one of my first:
http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/9579/amarna246yo.jpg
Just added some color Smile
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/344/nefertiti29043ha.jpg
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are great Smartie. Very Happy I tend to think that anything created by oneself , for the purpose of self expression, is art.

I had a little time the other day, so I did up a sketch of Nefertiti... ANIME STYLE :puppydogeyes:

I still need to ink and paint her, but I really don't know when I'll ever get around to it (I'm swamped with work right now).
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work everyone Very Happy
I really like both your work. The graphic designs are wonderful.
And your anime nefertiti is great.

Here are some more of mine:

King Tut (scanned the picture - acrylic)

Nefertari (from her tomb - acrylic)

Nefertari (Abu Simbel - watercolor)

Ramesses II with Isetnofret, Bintanath, Khaemwaset, Ramesses and Merneptah (Gebel el Silsila - watercolor)

Seti I from Abydos (watercolor)
Rozette
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work, Anneke,Smatie and Imanobody Razz
imanobody
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love the paintings of Nefertari, but how could anyone not like Nefertari. Razz I bet the one with Ramesses II took a long time to make, but not as long as that one you did with Aken Wink
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imanobody wrote:
I really love the paintings of Nefertari, but how could anyone not like Nefertari. Razz

Those scenes are wonderful to do. I agree Very Happy, it's hard not to be drawn to the elegance of Nefertari.

imanobody wrote:
I bet the one with Ramesses II took a long time to make, but not as long as that one you did with Aken Wink

I "cheated" on that one... Laughing
Copied the Lepsius drawing straight onto artpaper and then used ink and watercolor to (hopefully) recreate what it may have looked like.

I somehow have always been drawn to that scene. I love the Nefertari scenes, but it's nice to see the other queen in action as well.
Queen Isetnofret's tomb has not been found (yet?). It would be very interesting to see if her tomb would come even close to the beauty of that of Nefertari.
imanobody
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I "cheated" on that one... Laughing
Copied the Lepsius drawing straight onto artpaper and then used ink and watercolor to (hopefully) recreate what it may have looked like.

Well, considering that the Egyptians also traced stuff out, I wouldn't really call it cheating. Call it a reenactment. Laughing

I definitely like your acrylics more then your watercolors, but that's more me then you; I've never liked the look of watercolors and like the flat opaque look of acrylics. Watercolors seem to have a more luminance quality to them (when you see them in real life) then acrylics, but I just can't get over the uneven color. Razz
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imanobody wrote:
Well, considering that the Egyptians also traced stuff out, I wouldn't really call it cheating. Call it a reenactment. Laughing

LOL Sounds good to me.

imanobody wrote:
I definitely like your acrylics more then your watercolors, but that's more me then you;

They definitely have rather different effects. I have been experimenting a bit. I have even used watercolor pencils in some work and real watercolor paint in others. That really makes a huge difference.
Acrylics are nice too. Although I like them better with a bit of glossy medium mixed in.

imanobody wrote:
I just can't get over the uneven color. Razz

The paintings done on paper and with the watercolor paint are the most even wrt color. The unevenness in the Nefertari acrylic painting is due in part to the canvas I used (I think) and maybe the glossy medium (with the dilution) contributed to it as well.

I'm still thinking about your question about the enamel paint from a long time ago Very Happy I wasn't quite sure what it was until I saw a woman on some "one stroke painting" show on PBS using it.
Have you used that yourself? She was using it on glass and ceramics.
It was a bit hard from the tv to get a feel for the color and/or coverage.

LOL Should I design my own Nefertari dinnerware set?
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally finished painting the senet game. Haven't done the game pieces yet.

imanobody
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm still thinking about your question about the enamel paint from a long time ago Very Happy I wasn't quite sure what it was until I saw a woman on some "one stroke painting" show on PBS using it.
Have you used that yourself? She was using it on glass and ceramics.
It was a bit hard from the tv to get a feel for the color and/or coverage.

I've done some airbrush graphics with enamels and stuff like that, but they are a real pain in the butt to work with. They make a mess and it takes forever to clean your brushs. Even then, most of the times, they will still be stained. The good thing about enamels are that they are tough as hell, hold their color better then anyother paint, and have a luster to them like not other paint. I used to love painting in enamels, then putting a ton of clear cloat on it, before buffing the hell out of it until it shined like a new car. Try doing that with anyother paint. Laughing

BTW: I love your senet board Wink
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no artist so I fear I have nothing to contribute, but I sure am enjoying everyone's work. I wish I had the kind of talent you folks have. Very Happy

Very nice work as always, anneke. If only I had the guts to do to my Senet game what you did to yours. And I really like that stela of Ramesses II with Isetnofret et al.

I hope the artists of ED keep contributing to this thread. This is a great idea.

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: