Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flight 93

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that it is too soon to have a 9/11 movie like this come out?
yes
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
no
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
not sure
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

queencleopatra
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Flight 93 Reply with quote

I just saw a trailer for this movie and it was so sad. It looks really good though...my firend says that he thinks that the preident's people shot it down(the plane) so that it wouldn't go into the whitehouse, but they say that the people did...i'm not sure...it was very sad for everyone, yet it seems like it was yesterday, even though it was 4-5 years ago.

Cleopatra's Note
queencleopatra
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry it's called united 93

Cleopatra's Note
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "yes", because it's always going to be too early to make a film about 9/11. It took so long for people to just stop talking about it, I was kind of glad it was over......now there's a movie? Ha! I won't be seeing it.
Claire
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that it is way too soon to be making a film about the terrible events of 9/11 and in my opinion i dont think there will ever be a suitable time to make a film on that subject.. and besides i dont think i would want to go to the cinema and have to sit through a film that would no doubt be upsetting to both me and everyone else watching it .. personally the reason i go to the cinema is to enjoy myself and forget about the happenings in the real world Confused
queencleopatra
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably won't see the one in the theatres but i did see the made for T.V. movie and it was good. It was also very sad too, though.

Cleopatra's Note
18th dynasty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i'm from Australia, and I think i'd like to see a movie on 9/11, so I voted no. Although, i'm not from America, so i suppose I wasn't affected as bad seeing it happen in my own country.
Nefertari86
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was only a matter of time before such a film was released and I think no matter how far into the future it came out it was always going to be controversial.

Yes 9/11 was horrific and those responsible were pure evil but we can't keep shying away from every book or program or film on the subject. Ignoring it won't make it go away and it won't make it easier to deal with. And its an insult to those 1000s of people who died so horrifically.

Spare a thought for the families invovlved who don't have the luxury of just running away and hiding. The children without parents, husbands and wives without spouses, the mothers and fathers who are childless. They can't just change the channel or pick a different film to see. Their loved ones deserve to and need to be remembered.
Werethekau
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "no" because I don't think it is too soon for a movie. I can imagine, of course, the people in the affected areas would think differently.

However, I find the topic (not neccessarily 'United 93') very interesting. It did serve a purpose for the mr. Bush - it got him re-elected. And I cannot imagine that the US government, or parts of it at least, did not know what was coming. So I think they let it happen. I hope to the Gods that is not the case.

Sorry, couldn't help but add a little "conspiracy theory" to the thread Razz.

With respect to all,

Kevin
Smenkare
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is quite innapropriate. Hundreds of people died, and someone will be making alot of money off of it. If the money would be given to charities to help the victims, maybe. But I think it is in very poor taste.
Werethekau
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately someone will always be making money of the deaths of others. Death, I'm afraid, is also a business. Whether a movie is in bad taste depends on the movie, I guess. A movie also is an option for what has happened to be remembered. One must ask: would a book be a better way of telling the story? How many books have been written on this subject. How much money have survivors received for all their interviews, etc, etc etc. I think that is more inappropriate.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A movie also is an option for what has happened to be remembered. One must ask: would a book be a better way of telling the story?

Whether a book or a movie, either could be regarded as exploitive. I choose not to see it that way. When done right, as Flight 93 was, a film can also be a lasting testament to the courage and selflessness of people who decided to take action at a horrific time.

I definitely do not see Flight 93 or anything else that happened on September 11, 2001 as some kind of sinister government conspiracy. As I see it, to try to argue that point is to diminish the lives lost at the hands of the terrorists and the lives of emergency workers lost in the couragous attempts to save those trapped in the Towers. And regarding Flight 93, there were more than a few eyewitnesses who saw the plane dive all the way from the sky toward the ground. There was no vapor trail from a missle, no smoke pouring from the diving plane to indicate a missle strike. In short, nearly all of the "evidence" put forth by conspiracy nuts is flimsy at best, and easily discount.

Okay, I'm done ranting. It's a sore point with me. Razz

Visit my blog!
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only people entitled to an opinion on this subject are those who experianced it....
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for what i said earlier-it was rubbish- of course anyone can say whatever they want on this subject, not necissarily only those people who experianced this event.

Sorry i had just been hearing stories about this everywhere the day i posted what i said up there and was just frustrated with the whole middle east thing/terrorism thing and how we are now living in a fishbowl and can't even take liquids on planes....we are acting like the Chinese when they built the great wall-not like people who are confident of themselves but bowing down to the threat terrorism by restricting our own freedoms and hopefully at the same time not losing the basic freedoms we are trying to keep the terrorists from taking away-but thats a whole new discussion altogether so i won't go there.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a frustrating situation all over the world, but it's something to which we must all get accustomed.

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: