Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuya: more than just Yuya's wife
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've not already seen this: This shows a statue of Viceroy Paser presenting a altar to Amun. I thought it's nice to put a face to a name Smile

click here

I have no idea what is up with the lenght of this url! Laughing

<I changed the code a bit, so it doesn't take up so much space - Anneke>
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had seen the statue at another site.
Strange style isn't it? Definitely not what I think of as New Kingdom Statuary.

The site you linked to mentioned it was probably made by local artisans.
A little "folk art"? Very Happy
maahes
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Tiye Reply with quote

Does anyone have a list of Tiye's complete titles and her complete name?
Also, I found this dialogue fascinating. You are much more involved in your subject than some of the more pedantic sites where knowing it all outweighs seeking for the sake of discovery.
"O Egypt, Egypt, of your reverent deeds only stories will survive, and they will be incredible to your children! For divinity goes back to heaven, as Egypt will be widowed and deserted by god and nature."
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean Tiye or Tuya ?

I'm not sure I have ever seen a complete list if titles for Queen Tiye. And I have never seen another name for her besides Tiye (tyy is the transliteration of the glyphs from what I have seen).

For Queen Tiye:
king's chief wife,
the god's mother (in tomb of Kheruef),
king's mother,
mistress of the two lands.
king's mother of Waenre

I can't find much more about Tiye's titles.
It would be interesting to see what her titles and epithets are in the temple at Sedeinga which is dedicated to Tiye.

Her mother Tuya held some interesting titles:
dresser to the king/mistress of the robes? (khekeret nesu(t)?)
chantress of Amun
lady of the harem of Amun (musician?)
lady of the harem of Min
favourite of the good god
the favoured of Hathor
royal mother of the chief wife of the king
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking this list from Aidon Dodsons book (Complete Royal Families), he has Tiye's, I guess her more major titles, as (mostly what Anneke has already written but he has a couple of others)

Kings Great Wife
Kings Mother
Mistress of Upper and Lower Egypt
Lady of the Two Lands
Mistress of the Two lands

The last title he notes was a Queenly title used from the mid 12th Dynasty on.
The Lady of Two Lands and Mistress of Upper and Lower Egypt titles, he notes were Queenly titles used from the end of the 18th Dynasty onwards.

Smile They are both 2 very fascinating women.
maahes
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
I'm not sure where this Amenhotep/Huy is from. His tomb has been discovered. I believe it is in Thebes, and it's known for decorations depicting the tribute from Kush.
I believe that King's son of Kush is just a title meaning Viceroy of Kush. It was a very important position, but does not neccessarily mean that the person was literally related to the King. I will have to look it up, but I do believe he came from a powerful family (But I don't think he's part of the "Akhmin Family", unless it's quite distant).

I have come across the title God's Father several times now. I will have to see if I can find the quotes, but it made me wonder (and doubt) in some of those cases if it really could mean "Father-in'Law" of the King. Amenhotep/Huy was definitely not the father of Ankhesenamen, and he was listed as God's Father. Unless a daughter of his entered the royal harem he's not Tut's father-in-law. And I can't imagine every father of a haremlady getting that title! And there is no known second great wife of Tutankhamen.

if we were to hypothetically pretend for one moment that the mysterious and shadowy Neferneferuaten was regent for a long moment waiting for Tut to ascend in her place- the father of Neferneferuaten would be the father of Tut- or the father in law of the king would be the father of Neferneferuaten...
"O Egypt, Egypt, of your reverent deeds only stories will survive, and they will be incredible to your children! For divinity goes back to heaven, as Egypt will be widowed and deserted by god and nature."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: