Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Studies in memory of W.J. Murnane Online

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Studies in memory of W.J. Murnane Online Reply with quote

On this site: http://history.memphis.edu/murnane/

The first five articles of "Causing His Name to Live: Studies in Egyptian Epigraphy and History in Memory of William J. Murnane" are now available for download.

The articles are:

James P. Allen, "The Amarna Succession"

Michel Azim & Vincent Rondot, "Note archéologique et épigraphique sur les architraves de la grande salle hypostyle du temple d’Amon-Rê à Karnak"

Peter Dorman, "The Long Coregency Revisited: Architectural and Iconographic Conundra in the Tomb of Kheruef"

Helen Jacquet-Gordon, "The Festival on which Amun went out to the Treasury"

K. A. kitchen, "Egyptian New-Kingdom Topographical Lists: An Historical Resource with ‘Literary’ Histories"
Osiris II
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my pleasure to meet Murnane several years ago, at an ARCE exposition in Los Angeles. I was very nervous, trying to get up enough nerve to speak to such a well-known Egyptologist. He couldn't have been more gracious, or go out of his way to put me at ease. We spent only several minutes speaking--I forget now what we talked of--but I was really impressed with what a like-able person he was.
I remember when I heard of his death. Wasn't it right after he had had some surgery? I was so shocked and upset at the news! We certainly lost a great scholar and a dedicated Egyptologist with his passing. I'm glad to see something such as this shows that he was highly thought of by those in his profession as well.
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy That would have been wonderful to have had the opportunity to meet him. He always looks such a decent chap in his photos that its nice to hear that he actually was.
I really have a lot of respect for his work and thoroughly enjoy reading anything of his I can get hold of.
I been downloading theses pdf files as I can, so will love having a look and see what they have put together in rememberence - what a lovely idea of somebodies to do that.
Very Happy Thanks for the link Anneke!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: