Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movies about Egypt!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Yves Van Herp
Scribe
Scribe


Joined: 07 Apr 2004
Posts: 228
Location: Wespelaar - Belgium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Segereh wrote:
Coming up next:
Rumble in the jungle...

Kiwi's against the Flemish...

At stake:
Who's the rightful owner of the quote 'Over smaak valt niet te twisten'?
Will the Dutch ultimately join the fight?
Will there be mudwrestling?
...

Join us again on the Egyptiandreams-forum...
Same bad time, same bad channel...


Wasn't it "bat" time and "bat" channel? Laughing Laughing Laughing But that's already way back in my very distant past! Remember "the Boy Wonder"?
And w<asn't the saying "Over smaak en kleuren valt niet te twisten"? (= you can't argue about taste and colours)!

Hey, sorry Kevin, this hasn't to do anything with the topic! Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 2934
Location: Bruges

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Kevin doesn't mind Cool

Don't u just love Robin's green underwear? (Sounded pretty gay, no?) Anyway, I always thought it was quite avant-garde to go kriss-kross in a series from the 60's - 70's. The "bad" was a bad joke - Louis XIV already said word-jokes were the least funny ones...

What was the topic again?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yves Van Herp
Scribe
Scribe


Joined: 07 Apr 2004
Posts: 228
Location: Wespelaar - Belgium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Segereh"]

Quote:
I hope Kevin doesn't mind Cool

Don't u just love Robin's green underwear? (Sounded pretty gay, no?)


Yeah, instead of pink!

Quote:
Anyway, I always thought it was quite avant-garde to go kriss-kross in a series from the 60's - 70's.


I knew this series when I was still a very little boy (in the sixties I mean Embarassed )

Quote:
The "bad" was a bad joke - Louis XIV already said word-jokes were the least funny ones...


I thought so, being a language teacher however I just couldn't resist! Wink

Quote:
What was the topic again?


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 2934
Location: Bruges

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anxious

I looked it up: Orlando Bloom was the topic. Though I'd rather talk about the freudian overcompensation Thutmose III displayed, when taking over the throne from Hatshepsoet. Instead of comparing Akhenaten with Oedipeus: there's a really frustrated chap. No need to tell Syria.

I think I need to lay down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yves Van Herp
Scribe
Scribe


Joined: 07 Apr 2004
Posts: 228
Location: Wespelaar - Belgium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Segereh wrote:


Though I'd rather talk about the freudian overcompensation Thutmose III displayed, when taking over the throne from Hatshepsoet.


Frustrated or not, it was "his" by birthright! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 2934
Location: Bruges

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But did he have to push it like that? Always distrust a man, hurt in his masculinity Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yves Van Herp
Scribe
Scribe


Joined: 07 Apr 2004
Posts: 228
Location: Wespelaar - Belgium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Segereh wrote:
But did he have to push it like that? Always distrust a man, hurt in his masculinity Smile


All by all, Hatshepsut wasn't an ordinary woman! And I think that's an understatement! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 17 Jan 2004
Posts: 2228
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*is very confused* Embarassed Confused
Erm, I have no idea what you lot are talking about! *feels dumb* Embarassed Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 9305

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think sometimes we don't know what we're talking about either. Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Coming up next:
Rumble in the jungle...
Kiwi's against the Flemish...
At stake:
Who's the rightful owner of the quote 'Over smaak valt niet te twisten'?
Will the Dutch ultimately join the fight?
Will there be mudwrestling?
...


The Dutch started the fight.... Laughing
I will have to decline on the mudwrestling part Laughing
[not going to comment on Batman and Robin]

Thutmosis III was just a tad of an over-achiever. Didn't he have military campaign every year for some 20 years?
If he were alive today he would drive an SUV no doubt....

he doesn't seem to have passed those warlike tendencies on to his son Thutmosis IV though.
_________________
Math and Art: http://mathematicsaroundus.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yves Van Herp
Scribe
Scribe


Joined: 07 Apr 2004
Posts: 228
Location: Wespelaar - Belgium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
I think sometimes we don't know what we're talking about either. Laughing Laughing


I don't know either!


Quote:
The Dutch started the fight.... Laughing
I will have to decline on the mudwrestling part Laughing
[not going to comment on Batman and Robin]


Hey, but Segereh and myself aren't Dutch, we are Flemish (hope it doesn't get too confusing) Laughing

Quote:
Thutmosis III was just a tad of an over-achiever. Didn't he have military campaign every year for some 20 years?


To become the Egyptian Napoleon (or Napoleon, the French Thutmosis III, sounds more chronological doesn't it?) he had to!!!! Laughing

Quote:
he doesn't seem to have passed those warlike tendencies on to his son Thutmosis IV though.


The geographical boundaries of Egypt would have been farther away then. Because, honestly spoken, Egypt was the "smallest" of the big civilizations by far!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 2934
Location: Bruges

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the last sentence of Yves' message again: very simple, yet underestimated fact! Egypt was only a LINE of fertile land, in total actually not even exceeding the surface of a state like the Netherlands.

Makes u wonder why the Dutch didn't build pyramids...
Nah Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yves Van Herp
Scribe
Scribe


Joined: 07 Apr 2004
Posts: 228
Location: Wespelaar - Belgium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Segereh wrote:
Read the last sentence of Yves' message again: very simple, yet underestimated fact! Egypt was only a LINE of fertile land, in total actually not even exceeding the surface of a state like the Netherlands.


Indeed east and west it wasn't far stretched.

Quote:
Makes u wonder why the Dutch didn't build pyramids...
Nah Cool


Because pyramids can't hold the water back! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 17 Jan 2004
Posts: 2228
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at an atlas, seeing that Egypt is a modestly sized country-it's not that small, is it? But compared witht the Roman Empire, it is tiny, I suppose.

I thought this was a post about movies??? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yves Van Herp
Scribe
Scribe


Joined: 07 Apr 2004
Posts: 228
Location: Wespelaar - Belgium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:

I'm looking at an atlas, seeing that Egypt is a modestly sized country-it's not that small, is it? But compared witht the Roman Empire, it is tiny, I suppose.


And compared to the Greek (Ionian) Empire and to the empire of Alexander the Great it was small too!

Quote:
I thought this was a post about movies??? Laughing


So, now that we've mentioned Alexander the Great, we're back in line, aren't we? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 2934
Location: Bruges

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point (the movies) Cool
I meant: the only livable region in Egypt were the fertile banks of the Nile. If u'd measure length (North to South) and width (East to West) u'd have a surprisingly small surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group