Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movies about Egypt!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if he skipped "Titanic" for the same reason?
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw on a website about Egyptian movies that there is a movie about King Tut currently in production. It says nothing else, no info on who's been casted etc, but it just says there's going to be a huge blockbuster of King Tut in 2005.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they make some attempt at being accurate Very Happy

Would be fun to see no matter what though.
Just hope they don't make it into an animation piece Confused
From what I've seen of shots of Disney's Prince of Egypt, that looked terrible.
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll probably be a big historical epic with lots of fx, something like Troy. That would be interesting. And I bloody hope it's accurate. And I really hope they have good actors, and no britney Spears!

The guy who's directing it did Independence Day and the Day After Tomorrow. Will be fun to see how a director of disaster movies tackles a historical epic...
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a quote that says:

Plot outline: The young pharaoh Tutankhamen vies to reclaim his kingdom after the death of his father.

Wonder if they will really start him out as a 9 year old Very Happy

Directed by Roland Emmerich, distributed by Columbia Pictures.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:
It'll probably be a big historical epic with lots of fx, something like Troy. That would be interesting. And I bloody hope it's accurate. And I really hope they have good actors, and no britney Spears!

The guy who's directing it did Independence Day and the Day After Tomorrow. Will be fun to see how a director of disaster movies tackles a historical epic...

LOL hopefully no UFOs over the Great Palace Laughing

Hope they have good actors as well. I wouldn't count britney Spears as being talented at much more than promoting herself...
Just noticed her initials are BS Twisted Evil
(No I don't like her, in case you're wondering.)
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on the message board associated with the moviepage I saw claimed that the movie will be based on Briers book: The murder of Tutankhamen.

No idea where that info came from though.
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just noticed her initials are BS

One of my nicknames for her is S***ney. Nuff said Wink

I've heard they're doing a movie about Rameses too, but it's a sort of time travel story where he comes back to life in the present day or something. And I've even heard they're doing a movie about Isis, where she comes back to the present day to fight evil. It's based on some new (and probably unreleased) comic book that i've seen on the net.
Maybe we'll have a huge spat of Egypt themed movies soon...can't wait!
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, what message board is that? I wanna see...
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:
Hey, what message board is that? I wanna see...

It's at the bottom of this movie page:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0384628/combined
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they say who will be acting in this movie?
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:
Quote:
Just noticed her initials are BS

One of my nicknames for her is S***ney. Nuff said Wink

LOL

Isis wrote:
I've heard they're doing a movie about Rameses too, but it's a sort of time travel story where he comes back to life in the present day or something. And I've even heard they're doing a movie about Isis, where she comes back to the present day to fight evil. It's based on some new (and probably unreleased) comic book that i've seen on the net.
Maybe we'll have a huge spat of Egypt themed movies soon...can't wait!

That sounds like they may be making a movie based on the Anne Rice novel "The Mummy"? That's a neat story, thought not very "historical. Very Happy
I would really enjoy seeing that made into a movie though.

Nabbed this from Amazon.com:
Quote:
The premise of the book is that Ramses the Great, a pharoah of Ancient Egypt, receives an elixir from a Hittite priestess that renders him immortal. He spends several centuries acting as an advisor to the Pharoahs, until he tires of his existence and goes into "hibernation" in a sealed tomb. He is woken a thousand years later by a young Cleopatra, whom he falls deeply in love with. However, she spurns his affection for Antony, and refuses his offer of the elixir, preferring instead to kill herself when her lover dies. A heartbroken Ramses seals himself into a tomb, never again wanting to see the light of day. (It is the sun which enables the elixir to work.)

Skip forward 2,000 years to the Edwardian era, when the tomb is excavated by a British archaeologist, Lawrence Stratford. Ramses's mummy is removed to England, where it is displayed in the Stratford's sun-soaked living room. The action begins in earnest when Julie, the daughter of Lawrence, is almost poisoned by her dastardly cousin Henry. Ramses, who has already witnessed Henry murder Lawrence in his own tomb, staggers out of his sarcophagus to save her.

So begins a sequence of events that leads the party back to Egypt, where Ramses encounters the unidentified corpse of his beloved Cleopatra in the Cairo museum, and finds himself compelled to commit an unspeakable act...

isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the one. The site mentioned Anne Rice. Apparently they might have Laurence Fishburne (you know, Morpheus from the Matrix!!!) playing the main role in that movie *tries hard not to think of a pharaoh in a trenchcoat and cool sunglasses with red and blue pills* ...it might not be historical, but Stargate and The Mummy movies weren't either. Fantasy stories based on Egypt are so cool, but if they want to make a movie about a historical event or person, they should keep it accurate.
A movie about the historical Rameses would be good-loads of impressive battle scenes, a few Ben Hur style chariot races...
Or maybe they could do the myth of Isis and Osiris, or Horus. now that I would love to see. Mind you they would have to really edit that because the original myths may be too gory/explicit for modern audiences...
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:
That's the one. The site mentioned Anne Rice. Apparently they might have Laurence Fishburne (you know, Morpheus from the Matrix!!!) playing the main role in that movie *tries hard not to think of a pharaoh in a trenchcoat and cool sunglasses with red and blue pills* ...it might not be historical, but Stargate and The Mummy movies weren't either. Fantasy stories based on Egypt are so cool, but if they want to make a movie about a historical event or person, they should keep it accurate.
A movie about the historical Rameses would be good-loads of impressive battle scenes, a few Ben Hur style chariot races...
Or maybe they could do the myth of Isis and Osiris, or Horus. now that I would love to see. Mind you they would have to really edit that because the original myths may be too gory/explicit for modern audiences...

Neat! Am looking forward to that one. Sounds like they may be further along on this movie than the King Tut one. That one I've also seen as a 2005/2006 movie.
I like Laurence Fishburne. Hope they find a role for Morgan Freeman too then. I really like to see him act. Always thought Morgan Freeman was even better than Denzel Washington (not that there's anything wrong with him Cool ).
Interesting that they cast Ramses as a black man though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: