Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Queen Nofret

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nofret41
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Queen Nofret Reply with quote

And hour one my small curiosity, I have chosen like username Queen Nofret, but I very little know of she to part this… I know that a granito has been found again statue in black, that she has been the spouse of Sesostri II. That its statue has been found again to Tanis and that wears a chest strap with the cartigli of the husband, similar for invoice to those of its daughters finds to you to Dahshur el-Lahun and that it has lived in XII the Dynasty… Its mummia and its funerario equipment has been finds again to you? Is known something of as it has lived and if it has made something particularly important that it is remained then in annals of the history reaching until our days? Idea Wink
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thig I could find about Queen Nofret is that the wife of Senwosret II was the second royal lady of that name.

Queen Nofret II was a daughter of Amenemhat II and she married her (half-?) brother Sewosret II.
She was a King's Daughter of his body, Great of Sceptre and Mistress of the Two Lands.
She was the owner of two statues from Tanis, now in Cairo.
She may have been buried in a small pyramid in the complex of Senwosret II in Lahun. (From Dodson and Hilton's The Complete Royal Families)

The first Queen Nofret held the title of King's Mother and was possibly the mother of King Amenemhet I.
Although Miroslav Verner states that Queen Nofret I was the daughter of Amenemhet I and the wife of Senwosret I. She was the first queen to have ever had her name written in a cartouche.
Some egyptologists seem to think that Nofret I was behind the murder of Amenemhet I (her father in this theory) and that she did this to help Senwosret I to the throne. But I'm not sure everyone agrees with that theory Smile
nofret41
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anneke, has come also to acquaintance of an other Queen of Nofret name that has been spouse of a high civil employee of ancient Egypt of Rahotep name. The statue of the two personages is found to the museum egizio of the cairo. It can be a case of omonimia? Nofret = SesostriII and Nofret = Rahotep…? Idea
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Nofret is also the name the wife of Prince Rahotep from the 4th dynasty.

I think Nofret can also be written as Neferet and means something like "beautiful".

There is a photograph of Rahotep and Nofret on this page:
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~mah/statues_of_rahotep_and_nofret.htm

There must be many more pictures on the web Smile they are quite famous.

Rahotep was a (high?) priest of Ra at Heliopolis and a general.
Rahotep is usually thought to have been the son of King Snefru.
Nofret held the title of royal acquaintance which means she was a member of the royal court. She may possibly have been a noble woman or even related to one of the Kings, but her parents are not known.
The statues were found in their tomb in Meydum.

Nofret / Neferet is a relatively common name.

There is also a Princess Neferet, who was probably a daughter of Pharaoh Senwosret II. (Listed on a papyrus from Kahun).

Nofret (A) Royal Ornament, Wife of Rahotep - 4th dynasty
According to Dodson mother of Djedi, Neferkau, Itu and the ladies Mereret, Nedjemib and Sethtet

Nofret I, King's Mother. Early 12th dynasty. Possibly mother of Amenemhet I.

Nofret II, King's Daughter, Great of Sceptre, Mistress of the Two Lands. Daughter of Amenemhat II and wife of Senwosret II. 12th dynasty

Nofret (B), King's Daughter. Possibly daughter of Senwosret II. 12th Dynasty.

Nofret (Q), King's Sister. Not known whose sister she was. Daughter of Didit (her mother). 12th Dynasty.

Nofret (R) King's Wife. Wife of an unknown king from ca. the 13th Dynasty. Her daughter Hatshepsut was married to a man named Nedjesankh-Iu.

There are also several Queens and Princesses who are called Neferu instead of Neferet.
nofret41
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One answer indeed, indeed esaudiente… I have been able to state that us they have been several Queens with this name and all in various Dynasties… Thanks still… Very Happy Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: