Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TROY THE MOVIE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARRYMON
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: TROY THE MOVIE Reply with quote

went to see troy yesterday and all i can say is ,magnificent.
so good to see historical epics back on the screen and rendered in such a spectacular fashion.
plus the added bonus for all you girls of many near naked shots of brad pitt,i must say ,as an observation only ,what a peak of physical perfection he was in for the movie.and altho she wouldnt launch a thousand ships ,the actress who played helen,diane kruger was nonetheless stunning.
i cant wait now for alexander and others to come,king arthur ,and hopefully as i have said on other threads an ancient egyptian epic.
but the scene in troy were the greek fleet approach the trojan beach is a sight to behold,second onlly to spielbergs beach assault in saving private ryan,it brought my visions of the epic stories i read as a youngster to life vividly.
a great movie,well made.well done to all involved
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see it!! And I think Sesen will know the reason why...we're both fans of the other droolsome actor in that movie who isn't Brad Drool
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:
I can't wait to see it!! And I think Sesen will know the reason why...we're both fans of the other droolsome actor in that movie who isn't Brad Drool
Oh - you mean Eric Bana then right? laughing6
HARRYMON
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only gripe with the movie is that they have reduced paris to a bit of a pretty boy wimp.and if you remember orlando blooms other roles it doesnt sit well when watching him being,well,cowardly.i wont say anymore ,ill let you all go and see it and make up your own minds.on another note i received my copy of lotr,return of the king and the kids have it on at the moment.they abso love it.ill wait till ive got the house to myself and have a lotr day.magic! Shocked
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blèh Crying or Very sad
'Return of the king' seems to be out on dvd everywhere already... Still have to wait a week for it, being in this retarded little country Sad

Not a bad word on Orli please, u'd cause a massacre here (quite the girls' Helen of Troy on this board Smile )...
HARRYMON
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey,the good news for me is that my dvd club got it to me 24 hrs ahead of its official release in uk.its not meant to be on sale till midnight gmt and i got it this morning in the post.
magnificent movie.but as i said troy is very special because it is a film of an epic story so much older than anything we can muster,even tolkiens imagination when put up against the storytelling of the ancient greeks is the lesser of the two.one rumour is of sean bean who was of course in the first lotr movie doing a sequel as oddyseus,travelling home from troy ie the oddysey,mindblowing.glad that he is also getting some roles now that can confirm his star status.dont know if u got the sharpe series in belgium,sean bean was sharpe in that set during the napoleaonic wars,brilliant stuff,available on dvd as well
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Sean Bean - he starred in a UK TV series as a soldier during the Napoleonic wars by the name of Richard Sharpe. He subsequently appeared in a series of commercials where he would allude to his earlier role, saying things like, "Sharpe idea". In THE LORDS OF THE RINGS, he continues the joke: after touching the Sword of Elendil he says, "Still Sharpe.''

Last edited by Kevin on Tue May 25, 2004 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
HARRYMON
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant kevin Laughing didnt realise that ,i will now look for that one and fall off my chair when he says it,magic!
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Real cute, he doesn't say that in the book, quite right!

Yeah I know... by heart... I'm a freak Cool
HARRYMON
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seg. you got far too much time on your hands,buy a dog,get a hobby like woodworking or find yourself a wife,not someone elses of course ,one of your own,only kidding mate.i was once like that.bet you think george lucas ruined the star wars movies by tarting them up for the special edition videos and dvds Laughing
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Troy too, just the other day - it was fantastic, terrific to see on the big screen - like LOTR Applause
It's a 'must see' Isi, Orli was totally drop dead gorgeous as always - though not so keen on the character he had to play. As Harry said, he does'nt suit 'wimp' much, but he did it well I thought.
Have to say, I did notice Brad looking particularily in fine form - not usually a big fan of his.
Wonderful to see Sean Bean up on the big screen again (must have been fun for him and Orli to be back working together again) - he's a terrific actor, so often pre LOTR's underated. We never got the tv series you mentioned - never even heard of it. Sad A sequel of the Odyssey would be great now with all the cg technology.

I did actually enjoy the story too Laughing Did'nt really spend the entire time dribbling over the actors
*excuse the mental pic on that*

Quote:
Yeah I know... by heart... I'm a freak

You're in good company Precious Wink
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HARRYMON wrote:
seg. you got far too much time on your hands,buy a dog,get a hobby like woodworking or find yourself a wife,not someone elses of course ,one of your own,only kidding mate.i was once like that.bet you think george lucas ruined the star wars movies by tarting them up for the special edition videos and dvds Laughing

Shocked
Are u one of my neighbours?
I like the part of finding myself a wife: too bad how I'm terrible at succeeding in hide and seek, how much I might like the game. And yeah, not a big fan of Lucas' Crap Wars-dvds indeed. Cool
Haven't got all the time I want though Smile
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sesen wrote:
Quote:
Yeah I know... by heart... I'm a freak

You're in good company Precious Wink

Found one, Harrymon Cool
HARRYMON
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing hope you will both be very happy,as long as we all get invited to the wedding,in the shadow of karnak temple,with the reception in the old winter palace hotel,luxor, Cool Smile
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer a gothic wedding actually.
All gathered at the Valley of Kings at night to say our vowes.
Then a little drink in KV55 - not much more than a cave Cool

Should have to discuss that with my spouse-to-be though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: