Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Tut Exhibit!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImageOfAten
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: King Tut Exhibit!! Reply with quote

I am actually going to see the Tut exhibit before it departs for the UK! As long as it is not sold out everything should go well. I just have to actually buy tickets. I am very excited about it and I just had to post here and let everyone know! Very Happy
Detectiveoat13
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to go to this exhibition too, but it's very far from my place so I can't go. Sad Sad

Why my country doesn't have any exhibitions like these. Sad Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ellie-asthenia
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going when it hits London
I'M SO EXCITEDDDD!!
It's going to be amazing

Good luck with going and have fun ImageOfAten
Tutankhamini
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really hoping to see the exhibition when it comes to london Very Happy , but so far I haven't been able to find out many details about it on the net Confused .

I did find somewhere doing a day trip to the british museum and the tut exhibition all in one day .... that sounds ace as I love the british museum pharaohok
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone pre-registered, did you get the email? I got an email saying that anyone who got a certificate can pre-book on the 10th September.

The official date for general ticket sales is 12th September.

I can't wait either-there was an article on the Evening Standard and there are adverts all over the Tube as well.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your going to see the exhibition in Philadelphia, ImageOfAten? I'd really like to hear your impressions of it and the experience you have at the Franklin Institute. As you probably know we had Tut in town at the Field Museum for eight months and it was a colossal success. I'm curious to know how the Franklin Institute does with it.

Have a great time when you're there. You're in for a real treat! Smile

Visit my blog!
ellie-asthenia
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so happy so so so happyyyy!
I got my tickets for the tut exhibit through the presale.
It was SO stressful! I got home from school and my mum and me tried to get some - and the first weekend had already sold out! They've only been out for a day as well. So in the end we had to go all the way down to Dec 15th between 12.00-12.30 for them to be available.
Yaaaay!
Very Happy
So excited!
Rozette
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellie-asthenia,

I saw the Tutankhamun exhibition in 2005 in Bonn Razz .
It was wonderful and I enjoyed it very much !

Have a great time when you are there in December Wink .

Rozette Smile
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also booked (I got an email from VisitLondon.com before the 'official' Tut email though) and I should be going in February! Very Happy
ellie-asthenia
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rozette wrote:
ellie-asthenia,

I saw the Tutankhamun exhibition in 2005 in Bonn Razz .
It was wonderful and I enjoyed it very much !

Have a great time when you are there in December Wink .

Rozette Smile

Thanks! Very Happy
How long do you have in there once you go in? can you stay in for as long as you want or not?

Quote:
I also booked (I got an email from VisitLondon.com before the 'official' Tut email though) and I should be going in February!

Yaay have fun! Very Happy
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How long do you have in there once you go in? can you stay in for as long as you want or not?

Most venues are not going to force a time limit on visitors. We didn't when the exhibit was at the Field Museum. Once in there, a visitor could've spent eight minutes or eight hours.

Follow the plan of my fellow Moderator, anneke: when she went, she toured the galleries, then backtracked and did it all again. A dandy idea, and it allows you on your second or third time to concentrate your attention on the artifacts that most fascinated you the first time through.

I can't say what other venues will do, but I can't imagine they'd force a time limit on someone and start kicking people out after an hour or so. First off, it would be very difficult to keep track of who's been in the galleries for such and such a time. Second, and more important, that would be an awful policy and would be sure to earn the venue the disdain of visitors.

Visit my blog!
ellie-asthenia
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
Quote:

Most venues are not going to force a time limit on visitors. We didn't when the exhibit was at the Field Museum. Once in there, a visitor could've spent eight minutes or eight hours.

Follow the plan of my fellow Moderator, anneke: when she went, she toured the galleries, then backtracked and did it all again. A dandy idea, and it allows you on your second or third time to concentrate your attention on the artifacts that most fascinated you the first time through.

I can't say what other venues will do, but I can't imagine they'd force a time limit on someone and start kicking people out after an hour or so. First off, it would be very difficult to keep track of who's been in the galleries for such and such a time. Second, and more important, that would be an awful policy and would be sure to earn the venue the disdain of visitors.

Thank you Smile
That's SO cool that you can stay in there for ages.
I just hope my mum will let me - I'm sure she will Very Happy
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just hope my mum will let me - I'm sure she will

I just checked with your venue and they are allowing twenty-seven seconds for each visitor. Don't worry, they'll be fitting each of you with roller-blades so you can go really fast. Razz

All right, so I made that up.

I brought my parents through the exhibit when it was in Chicago. My dad couldn't care less about such things and went ahead of us to find benches on which to rest and wait, but my mom surprised me. She has some mobility problems and can be unsteady on her feet, but she and I must've spent over two hours in there! She had a great time.

I'm sure our slow progress drove my dad absolutelty nuts. Laughing

Visit my blog!
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellie-asthenia wrote:

The policy at the Millenneum Dome is the same as what Kmt_sesh explained for the Field Museum; once you're in you can stay until it closes regardless of what your entry time is. Very Happy

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
ellie-asthenia
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just checked with your venue and they are allowing twenty-seven seconds for each visitor. Don't worry, they'll be fitting each of you with roller-blades so you can go really fast. Razz

LOLOL that made me laugh Laughing

Quote:
I brought my parents through the exhibit when it was in Chicago. My dad couldn't care less about such things and went ahead of us to find benches on which to rest and wait, but my mom surprised me. She has some mobility problems and can be unsteady on her feet, but she and must've spent over two hours in there! She had a great time.

Aw that's good that you guys enjoyed yourself Smile

Quote:
The policy at the Millenneum Dome is the same as what Kmt_sesh explained for the Field Museum; once you're in you can stay until it closes regardless of what your entry time is.

ahahaha I'm going to be in there forever!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: