Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taking Egyptians at their word.. 36,000 years?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pre-dynastic Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a discussion about the project back when I participated. Here's the link to the third page, where I shared some of the results (a little more than halfway down the page). Rozette had participated, too, and was kind enough to share her results as well.

I was adopted as an infant, so that was my chief motivation for doing this. By adoption I have German, Dutch, and Irish roots, but I wanted to see what they might be biologically. Here's my map again, as it appeared in January 2007. I don't know if it's changed much, if at all. It's been ages but I just tried logging into my own web page again and it didn't work. LOL I have to go hunt down my password and I.D. so I can check it out again. You've renewed my interest.

I don't want to bog you down in details but the end result of my ancestors' travels was both interesting and somewhat expected. The only thing I know about my birth parents is that one of them probably had French ancestors because on the adoption papers I was called "baby Forgette." LOL Assuming that name is even real. Anyway, my ancestors did indeed end up in that region of Europe, so it makes sense.

It was interesting to see the routes my ancestors took through Africa and up through the Near East before arriving in Europe. The only disappointing thing is that I don't appear to have any Egyptian ancestry at all in my lineage. LOL Isn't that what all of us hope for on a forum like this? Very Happy

Visit my blog!
chillie
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I love this!
Times like this I wish I was working so I could just do it.
So, I would only be able to see my mother's line? My father is dead, but he was 1/2 Native American and that must be a whole different story...
I suppose this also means that our two daughters would not show my husband's heritage?
Shemsu Sesen
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my religion has all of you beat.

One of the sutras (I'd have to look it up and I'm too lazy to do so) states that Shakyamuni Buddha was first enlightened in an incarnation hundreds of trillions of years ago.

Top that, Methuselah.

We are uncertain of what he did for the first, well, hundreds of trillions of years, but we know things got pretty interesting 13.7 billion years ago. I suspect a burrito was involved.

As for Egypt 10,000+ years ago, I believe their time was split equally between hunting, gathering, and playing Atari 2600.
Montu
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i've seen some of wests stuff he's a pseudo scientist who wants to make a quick buck. Personally I do reckon egyptian civilization may have kicked off a little earlier than currently accepted. I think its reasonable to suggest that the expanding Sahara forced wandering bands to congregrate around the river circa 8,000 - 7,000 B.C. resulting in a population density that could no longer be sustained by previous methods. This forced innoviation i.e. the beginnings of farming which in turn eventually led to more permanent settlements which slowly expanded into embroyinic towns and villages such as naquada at pretty much or slightly earlier than the acccepted time.
nomanslander
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjpaton wrote:
With regard to the 'textual' evidence for a 36000 year period, I don't know anything about that in Egypt, but it makes me think of the ancient Sumerian kinglist which talks about their pre-dynastic kings (who lived before the flood - that is the Sumerian account of a flood -see the epic of Gilgamesh) as having reigns of say 28000 to 43000 years! This is not taken seriously of course but seen as wanting to show the early legendary kings as associated with the gods & having their kingship originating from the gods. The later parts of this kinglist are taken quite seriously however, in chronological study. Perhaps West is leveraging off this type of thing?

Read Ignatius Donnelly's book, "Disney Land, the Antediluvian World".
It's an account and detailed description of what happened BEFORE the flood (from about 5 million ears ago to the destruction of "Poseidonia", mentioned by Plato), and how the Egyptian and other civilizations came to be. Many will say this is quackery or something of the sort as the existence of the old continent of Disney Land has not as yet been accepted by mainstream science, but there are so many elements suggesting it was real, that it's really worth it to investigate for oneself.
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomanslander wrote:
rjpaton wrote:
With regard to the 'textual' evidence for a 36000 year period, I don't know anything about that in Egypt, but it makes me think of the ancient Sumerian kinglist which talks about their pre-dynastic kings (who lived before the flood - that is the Sumerian account of a flood -see the epic of Gilgamesh) as having reigns of say 28000 to 43000 years! This is not taken seriously of course but seen as wanting to show the early legendary kings as associated with the gods & having their kingship originating from the gods. The later parts of this kinglist are taken quite seriously however, in chronological study. Perhaps West is leveraging off this type of thing?

It's an account and detailed description of what happened BEFORE the flood (from about 5 million ears ago to the destruction of "Poseidonia", mentioned by Plato), and how the Egyptian and other civilizations came to be. Many will say this is quackery or something of the sort as the existence of the old continent of Disney Land has not as yet been accepted by mainstream science, but there are so many elements suggesting it was real, that it's really worth it to investigate for oneself.

We call that stuff not "Quackery", but fringe. For the matter of reality: Tolkien has made up complete civilizations, yet we take for granted that they only lived in his imagination, his books and more recently in movies, so "the feeling of reality of a civilization" is not necessarily a proof for it's existence at some point in time.

Toth
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
nomanslander
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Toth"]
nomanslander wrote:
rjpaton wrote:

Quote:
We call that stuff not "Quackery", but fringe.

What's in a name...

Quote:
For the matter of reality: Tolkien has made up complete civilizations, yet we take for granted that they only lived in his imagination, his books and more recently in movies, so "the feeling of reality of a civilization" is not necessarily a proof for it's existence at some point in time.

Toth

Certainly, but Tolkien was an expert linguist, and his books were based on actual, historical civilizations and cultures, so no wonder his writings had a feel of reality, even if as a reader you know very well there is little chance Hobbits ever existed, and his books were based on fantasy. There has been speculation however AFAIK about this, I think some people even felt there must be something "real" to it, even if Tolkien himself denied it.

But I don't think "the feeling of reality of a civilization" is really the issue here.

BTW - congratulations on this forum, its appearance not to mention the interesting themes are really out of the ordinary.
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomansland: I would not be so quick to say something did not exist, unless scientifically proven, "What's in a name?" I think the difference between respect and an insult.or would you liked to be called a Quack? I don't think so.

BTW - congratulations on this forum, its appearance not to mention the interesting themes are really out of the ordinary. You actually may written that in a cynical mood, however I take it as a compliment to the staff of these fine forums Smile !!

Toth, aka Richard
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pre-dynastic Egypt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: