Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Egyptian Rp (The actual Rp is here!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you ever Rped before?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, duuuuuh. I forgot about Cleo! Embarassed

Never heard of the last queen though...
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sobekneferu was Queen in her own right at the end of the 12th dynasty.

The time period is somewhat confusing. During the reign of Amenemhat III there was a Princess Neferuptah.
Nefruptah was invested with a cartouche around her name, something never before done for anyone other than a king, and she was given titles often used by a king's wife, though apparently she was never married to a king. After her death, she was first buried in her father's burial chamber, but was then reburied in her own pyramid some two kilometers away.

After Amenemhat III's death, Amenemhat IV came to the throne, but he died early and was succeeded on the throne by a woman named Sobekneferu, who was presumably a sister of Nefruptah. She may have been the wife and sister of Amenemhat IV as well.

Usually, the queen uses feminine titles, but several masculine ones were also used. Three headless statues of the queen, discovered in the Fayoum, and a few other items contain her name. In one damaged statue of the queen of unknown origin, the costume she wears is unique in its combination of elements from male and female dress, echoing her occasional use of male titles in her records. In another intriguing statuette of the queen now in the Metropolitan Museum in New York, the queen wears a sed-festival cloak and a most unusual crown, which may have resulted from an attempt to combine unfamiliar iconographic elements of male and female rulers.

I wonder if Hatshepsut knew about this Queen and if she modeled herself after her in any way?
Broadway_Babe
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time no post here, I know, but if anyone would still like to RP, post so I know....we will need quite a few ppls to Rp.
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still up for it Very Happy
Broadway_Babe
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Rp Reply with quote

Alright, cool, 2 people up for it!! Who do you want to be?? ANYONE ELSE INTERSTED, READ THIS:

Please post these things:

Character Name:
Social Rank:
Country of Origin:
History(optional):
Description(physical):
Personality:
Other random facts(optional):

Not looking for a novel or anything, just short things about your character, then once we have all the ranks filled, we can start the Rp on another thread or something! Cool?
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah!

Character Name: Meryen-Asta (thanks to Seg for the uber-nifty name!)
Social Rank: Not sure whether to make her a princess or priestess...
Country of Origin: Egypt!
Patron God/ess: Isis, but also worships Osiris, Horus and Bastet (is that allowed?)
History(optional): will write that tomorrow, it's very late here and I have college tomorrow...
Description(physical): ditto above. My character's physical features may not be 'accurate' anyway lol
Personality: will tell you tomorrow.
Other random facts(optional):
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: