Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Colours
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Yes that is correct. As I have the source code I can pretty much do any modifications I want. This board is currently version 2. Kmt_Sesh, until you mentioned version 3 I didn't know it existed. However, I'm a great believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix", so unless there is an overwhelming requirement to upgrade, e.g. security issues, I probably won't bother.

The host through which I set up my site has not yet released v3 for us, so I know nothing about it. But as Kiya said, there are rumblings with the stability and functionality of v3. I think that's why my host has held off so long--they'd rather get the bugs ironed out first.

My main limitation is that I do not have any sort of direct access to the servers, and only very limited editing capability with the HTML codes and such. I have a wide choice of skin themes but I can't do a whole lot with them. Oh well, I'd have to say I'm satisfied with what I do have.

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the new colours Kevin, you have good taste! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really liking these colors, myself. I think Kevin did a good job with his choice of them. Some forums out there are so garish and loud with their color schemes, you have to close the window before your retinas melt.

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Forum Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: