Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Egyptain Dreams photobucket
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, anneke. Smile

Daughter_Of_SETI, I love the new photo in your signature. Qetesh is growing into a very beautiful cat. Wink

Visit my blog!
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this Photobucket account could be useful in a number of ways. For example, on occasion I wish to post a photo of a particular mummy, and always spend awhile scrolling through Google image pages to find good examples.

I just made a sub-account called "Mummies" in which I've uploaded the URLs for photos of some mummies from Google images. They're there and ready to use, and anyone who logs in can do the same. Smile

Visit my blog!
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
Daughter_Of_SETI, I love the new photo in your signature. Qetesh is growing into a very beautiful cat.

Thanks! I made that signature for another forum that I'm a member of, but I thought that I might as well add it here for the time being. I won't be able to make anymore new signatures or avatars anymore, though, as my Nero software is acting up. Twisted Evil Think I'll have to upgrade my Photoshop from Adobe sometime. Laughing Anyhoo, that photo of Qetesh was taken a couple of weeks ago; right now my poor little girl has a bald, pink belly from just being spayed...she's not impressed with the Elizabethan Collar that the vet wants her to wear, either! Crying or Very sad

kmt_sesh wrote:
I just made a sub-account called "Mummies" in which I've uploaded the URLs for photos of some mummies from Google images. They're there and ready to use, and anyone who logs in can do the same.

I didn't know that you were allowed to upload copyrighted material to Photobucket; I thought it had to be all your own stuff unless you had permission from the owner?? Unless, it depends on how you plan to use the photos or something? Confused

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
conorp
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't know that you were allowed to upload copyrighted material to Photobucket; I thought it had to be all your own stuff unless you had permission from the owner?? Unless, it depends on how you plan to use the photos or something? Confused

I'm dont really know but you might be able to do it for non profit use.

Photos And Information about Egyptian objects in Australia

Pompeii news and photos
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't know that you were allowed to upload copyrighted material to Photobucket; I thought it had to be all your own stuff unless you had permission from the owner?? Unless, it depends on how you plan to use the photos or something?

Laughing Hell, I don't know. I was just grabbing photos of mummies from other websites, and I rather doubt those websites hold the copyrights. You can see that one of Ramesses II all over the internet, as well as the one of Seqenenre Tao. I'd have no idea who holds the original copyright on something like that.

Come on, it's the internet. I just grabbed some photos from sites that borrowed some photos from other sites that helped themselves to photos from various sites that used some photos that come from different books from which people scanned photos to upload. Razz

Visit my blog!
conorp
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added a sub folder for where you can upload your scans from books.

Conorp

Pompeii news and photos
Aset
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Images from books are COPYRIGHTED Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Quote:
For example, in the USA, almost everything created privately and originally after April 1, 1989 is copyrighted and protected whether it has a notice or not.

Aset
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would the position be if the images could be validly held to constitute an advertisement for the book, and therefore to the material advantage of the copyright-holder?

For example, you could post an image on the net and say "this beautiful picture is from (text x)" and then many people might wish to purchase the book.

Idea
conorp
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aset wrote:
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Images from books are COPYRIGHTED Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Quote:
For example, in the USA, almost everything created privately and originally after April 1, 1989 is copyrighted and protected whether it has a notice or not.

Aset

I meant that when uploading something for a post, instead of uploading it in random locations we could upload it in that sub folder.

Conorp

Pompeii news and photos
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deal with copyright issues professionally, and it can be a gray area. Using a photo from a book for our purposes here at ED is not exactly an act of evil--there is no profit involved. Technically, however, it could be construed as infringement, so Khuy-n-inpw's suggestion is very good.

The internet presents problems for copyright laws. For example, in print media, it is legal for someone to make one copy of a book for his or her own personal use, so long as no profit to that person is involved. It's like a one-time use. In a way it's the same for us: we might use a scanned photo in an occasional post, and there really is no profit or infringement. However, if the same photo is used a thousand times at ED, it's not so cut and dried.

For such a photo it would be a good idea to state from which book the photo came, as well as the name of the author. It might be a good idea to make this a requirement of any photo uploaded to the new folder conorp made for scanned images. Chances are nothing untoward would ever happen, but it's always best to cover one's arse. Smile

Visit my blog!
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Even though I said I wouldn't ....

I just added some of my pictures from Leiden to a new subfolder. And some pics from St Louis.

Do you want puctures of some of my artwork in there or do you want to stick to actual artefacts?
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a comment to the very first post conorp made (page 1), so it's easy for people to find the page on photobucket.

Anneke
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you want puctures of some of my artwork in there or do you want to stick to actual artefacts?

That would be a great addition to the collection, anneke. I'm all for it. Wink

How do the royalties work? Per use or a monthly flat fee? And do we make the checks out to you? Laughing

Seriously, I think your artwork belongs in the account, too. It's generous of you to share it.

Visit my blog!
conorp
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seriously, I think your artwork belongs in the account, too. It's generous of you to share it.

I agree!

Pompeii news and photos
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL You two can use it free of charge Wink
I will put those pictures up as well then
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: