Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Egyptian-themed short story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrandonP
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: My Egyptian-themed short story Reply with quote

It's 6,875 words long and was written over the course of three days. The setting is predynastic Egypt circa 4000 BC and the plot is a coming-of-age tale about a boy who is recently initiated into manhood and must confront hostile tribesmen and wild animals. Right now it's being reviewed by my favorite author, Charles R. Saunders. My plan is to get it published someday. I'm very excited about it!
Unas
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, congratulations! Applause That's quite an accomplishment. Hope it all works out for you.

Writing historical fiction can be challenging, but also a lot of fun when you love the subject. Sounds like you and Egypt make a great match.
Apephotep
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: My Egyptian-themed short story Reply with quote

BrandonP wrote:
Right now it's being reviewed by my favorite author, Charles R. Saunders. M

How was the review? Any progress to publication?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: