Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hiya all, i need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatshepsut's_son
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: hiya all, i need help Reply with quote

Can anyone help me... im doing a course on egyptology and im a bit stumped. I would like to find out influences that Ancient Egypt had on Nubia!!! well not just nubia but all surrounding cultures. Idea
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! Very Happy This sounds like an assignment I had to do a while back; I read The Black Pharaohs: Egypt's Nubian Rulers, by Robert Morkot, which was really helpful for that part. Wink

Here's a thread that may help you too: Click here!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
hatshepsut's_son
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: thanks daughter Reply with quote

thank you very much. it seems that there are a lot of positives and not many neagtives, bit biased.
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I concentrated the negatives on their militery expeditions, as they tended to impose their cultural beliefs on weaker lands, which restrained other culture's progress in their own arts and beliefs. This would often be done by taking back the prince from conquered lands and educating him in the Egyptians' ways, before once becoming an adult, they would be sent back to their homelands under the rule of the Egyptian pharaoh. Smile

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
hatshepsut's_son
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cool, thats a help. u seem to be very knowledgable about all things egypt. how long u been studying it. u from hull right, not far from me, im nottingham.......

who are you studying with. which company?
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hatshepsut's_son wrote:
ok cool, thats a help. u seem to be very knowledgable about all things egypt. how long u been studying it. u from hull right, not far from me, im nottingham...who are you studying with. which company?

Thanks! Very Happy Most of what I know about Egypt, I learnt from the good people here at Egyptian Dreams. Yes, I'm from Hull, and am studying Egyptology online with Homestudy. I've only been studying about three years, I think, but I've loved everything ancient Egypt for quite a few more years than that. Laughing

hatshepsut's_son
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats who im doing it with too. never done anything like this before, but i absolutly love it. and i love everything egypt too. went in jan, it was the fab. really enjoyed it. have u ever been.........
kendo1
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: hiya all, i need help Reply with quote

here is something i got from another website.

Nubia is an important ancient civilization in its own right; together, Nubia, Egypt and other Nile Valley civilizations comprise significant chapters in the evolution of the ancient world.

Nubia offers a unique opportunity to study the history of an ancient civilization while research and knowledge about it is unfolding, and as new information is being interpreted and presented to the public.

There is an active national debate over the role of Africa in world history that has served to spark public interest in humanities scholarship in this area; this project can lay a solid and objective foundation upon which to continue these discussions.
kendo1
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: hiya all, i need help Reply with quote

The Nubians were shaped by Egypt, and in turn they influenced Egypt. They built powerful political states, including Kerma, Napata, and Meroe, in the heart of what is now Sudan. They were developers of agriculture, builders of pyramids, innovators in technology, and creators and bearers of significant religious, cultural, artistic, and social traditions.
kendo1
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: hiya all, i need help Reply with quote

in fact egypt was first influence by nubia.
kendo1
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: hiya all, i need help Reply with quote

kendo1 wrote:

i will send more info in private to you so check your p.m.
kendo1
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: hiya all, i need help Reply with quote

kendo1 wrote:
kendo1 wrote:

i will send more info in private to you so check your p.m.

here is another book.
it deals with the later period of nubia.

Derek A. Welsby, The Medieval Kingdoms of Nubia. Pagans, Christians and Muslims along the Middle Nile. London: The British
Museum Press, 2002. Pp. 296.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Nubia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: