Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vampires, Wherewolves etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Vampires, Wherewolves etc. Reply with quote

Something just made me wonder about this....

A lot of cultures have myths and legends about these types of supernatural beings.

The only blood drinking deity I have read about was Sekhmet, but she didn't need the blood to keep her alive, and her legends don't seem to have some of the other components.

What about shape shifting humans? Wherewolves etc?
Montuhotep88
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that Isis and some human magicians had the power to transform themselves into animals, etc. in stories, some of the spells in the funerary texts feature the power to transform oneself into an animal (and/or gain the abilities thereof), and the Egyptians certainly feared supernatural demons and such, but I don't recall bumping into anything similar to what we might consider lycanthropy or vampirism...
Robson
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Tale of the Two Brothers, there are some teratological phenomena and in the Tales of the Prince Setne Khamwast there's a lot of voodoo as well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: