Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aidan Dodson Books?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irt-akhu
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject: Aidan Dodson Books? Reply with quote

Anyone read any of Aidan Dodson books? He has a new one out on Rameses III. The article on Rameses III in the current issue of KMT Journal made me think there is more to the story than I previously thought.

Also looks like there is a book from Prof Dodson on Nefertiti coming out this Fall.

I have a copy of his guide to the royal families, that is it. Was wondering if his other titles were worthwhile reads.
ImageOfAten
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read a few of Aidan Dodson's books, including the new one on Rameses III just a few months ago. I personally found it to be an interesting read and have learned much from it. Also, this particular book has many beautiful full-colored images in it which was a pleasant surprise to me.

I also enjoyed his Amarna Sunrise, Amarna Sunset, and Poisoned Legacy: The Fall of the Nineteenth Egyptian Dynasty.

I look forward to his upcoming Nefertiti book later this year!
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read all of his except the Ramesses III title. Most are really good, but I found his book on Seti I to be pretty slight, without much to chew over. I'd have liked to have learned more about Seti's life prior to his father becoming king, but the evidence is probably non-existent at this time. It's not Dodson's fault - despite his grandiose tomb and contributions to temples, his son really overshadows him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: