Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any tips for an Egypt holiday next Feb anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeoman
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Any tips for an Egypt holiday next Feb anyone? Reply with quote

Hi All, We have been on 2 nile cruises (Temples from Luxor down to Aswan) and a Red sea cruise (Bused to pyramids, diving, snorkelling etc) in the last few years and we want to go to Egypt again but do something different... howver we dont like sitting about in one place for a long period which is why we love cruising.
We loved snorkelling in the Red sea and we loved the temples and all the history and the like.
I notice cruises in Egypt prices have gone quite high since we went this Feb but we want to go again next Feb also but do something different.
Can anyone recommend a good Red sea cruise or a cruise that does a few days in Egypt ??

We can highly recommend a nile cruise if anyone is interested we liked it so much 2 years ago we did the same cruise again this year. It was 570 each all inclusive including flights and transfers and all the rest and also 10 excursions to temples including admission were included so it was great value all round... We had a floor to ceiling patio window we could open wide and look out of whilst sailing and the boat was five star (thats five Egypt stars which is about 3* in the UK I would say or 3+). Fantastic food and atmosphere on board...we have done that twice now though so we want a change...we can only find the Red sea cruise we have already done with Thomson (I can recommend that one too)...
www.ukhobbystore.com
www.ukhobbystore.co.uk
http://www.ukhobbystore.co.uk
Bennubird
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a cruise really that good Idea because when I went to Luxor I meet some people who was on a cruise they didn't like it and one guy looked really ill.
I went to Luxor for two weeks and theres plenty to do, theres was a trip to Cairo for the day and a balloon ride over the temple of Hatshepsut which was really brilliant I'd recommend that to anyone pharaohthumb and theres the Valley of the Kings, Queens and Tombs of the Nobles and a few museums and a load more trips. You really don't need to be on a cruise to be able to do loads.

Oh and there are travel tours you can go on (if your interested) a good one to use is CWA (Current World Tours), they can take you all over Egypt if you can find the right one for you, they also do tours in other coutries not just Egypt. Can't remember the right website at the mo but you can just google it.
Ankhesenamun
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first trip to Egypt was a cruise and I loved it. Thing is, in order to see everything you have to get up early in the morning which is not to everyone's liking.

I am doing my third AWT tour next week. It is not cheap (but we are seeing Nefertari's tomb Shocked and doing lots of unusual things that are not included in the average tour) and it will include lots of early mornings but I am prepared for that however painful it might feel at the time.

I'd do another cruise again no problem (prices are not bad either) Wink
For a fortune has no savour if one is gloomy.

Ptahhotep
turanclancath
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From our ( Maria and me , no pluralis majestatis i regret lol lol) experience

Take a train trip ( a little morbid after last weeks train accident )
from Cairo to Assuan !

Great !!! you meet the common people and not the tourists as on costly Nile cruises with bowing attendents outwardly smiling etc etc.

And take a Felluka trip as we did .Imagine Christmass on the Nile in a tiny Felluka, as we did.
1 days 2 days a week.
( and eat chicken and rice cooked by the skipper in Nile water delicious !!!!)

And Raki the Egyptian is good and strong and cheap(or cognac )helps against Diariah !!!
Idem, you have real time to enjoy the Nile and its common people.
You can book it in Egypt with a good Egyptian travel agency.
With far more decent prices !!!!

If you like I can give far more practical travel idys and little know/hows

And take a long bus trip if you want to meet the real living Egypt.

Also In Greece and Italy we got a lot of wonderfull contacts in this way with the living culture/people without loosing history/archeology sights.

We Dutch are perhaps always interested in good bargains lol lol

Turanclancath etc Smile

Let the 4 Queens rule the World.
You reign from here to Eternity.
Queen of Queens,Empress of Empresses
Crook and Flail
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhesenamun wrote:
but we are seeing Nefertari's tomb Shocked

Blimey, how did you manage that? Thought it was closed (to the public at least until further notice ) Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: