Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Egyptian names

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Egyptian names Reply with quote

Does anyone know any genuine (or genuine-sounding) Egyptian names? I'm planning to write stories about Ancient Egypt and need some good names. I've heard that Egyptian names have specific meanings...

A website of Egyptian names would be helpful too...
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for something like this?
from http://www.maatkare.com/names.html

Quote:
Here are some Egyptian names and their meaning:
Khu(Protected), Senbi(Healthy), Ptahhotep(Ptah is content), Satsobek(Daughter of Sobek), Menmaatre(Eternal is the Justice of Re), Ahmose (The Moon is Born), Wosret(Powerful One), Ankhesenamun (She Lives In Amun), Isetnofret (Isis is Beautiful), Mutnodjmet (Sweet One of Mut), Pedibastet (Wise One of Bastet), Rameses (Re has fashioned him), Wahankh(Strong in Life), Neferetiabet (The East is Beautiful), Nakhti(Strong), Miw-sher(Kitten), Kiya(Jovial Lady), Pamiu(Old Tom Cat), Pasebakhaenniut (The Star that appears in the city), Tepemkau(Best of Souls) and Netikerty(She who is excellent), Hebeny(Ebony).

There's more info if you follow the link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: