Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gisa sphinx as a father of fear
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Gisa sphinx as a father of fear Reply with quote

Have you heard that native Egyptians call Gisa-sphinx A FATHER OF FEAR? Do you know why? Do you know any superstionscommon beliefs that could explain this name of his? Can people see any awesome ghosts there or what? I am just curious Rolling Eyes
Thanks for your replies in advance.
cairo7
Osiris II
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poeple of Cairo were the originaters of the "Father Of Fear" name. It seems to be a translation of the Arabic. It originalted in the early 19th century.
It seems that, stumbling on the head in the sand, especially at night, would be an un-nerving experience, to say the least. Hence, the name "Father Of Fear". It was thought that it was the spirit of an evil djinn.
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hello again

Hmmm... your answer seems to be a little bit persuading to me. Kind of sphinx-ghosts - it suits but the rest? Rolling Eyes I read about many legends/stories where people wanted to examine sphinx better but they failed. They were looking for treasures inside.

However, a father of fear? These stories (even the most tragic of them) don't explain this gloomy name of gisa sphinx at all! Sad

Look how sphinx looked like before excavations from XIX centrury.
Could it be really scary to see a human head sticking out from the sand? Is it really so scary? Rather peculiar -a father of fear - it sounds too dark to me. I wouldn't have called this head like it, would you?

I think we are lost somehow. Idea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:%27Le_Sphinx_Armachis,_Caire%27_(The_Sphinx_Armachis,_Cairo).jpg

?

Cheers,
cairo7
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must comply with Osiris II. Itís a name given to the sfinx in the 19th century. Starting in the 19th century Egypt became one of the main touristic lands visited by (wealthy) Europeanís. Probably local guides wanted to impress the Western visitors. I wouldnít look more after it.
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hi here,

Quote:
I must comply with Osiris II. Itís a name given to the sfinx in the 19th century.

I wouldn't agree with your theory. I don't think SPHINX is about power only- it is something more. It is about religion. Maybe it is a first altar in ancient Egypt. Who knows? I have my own theory about one Sphinx that has different age dependent on the given part of it.
Can you explain it? I think I can.

Quote:
Probably local guides wanted to impress the Western visitors. I wouldnít look more after it.

No, I wouldn't say that. People whom I meet (on-line mostly) - contemporary Egyptians say - SPHINX IS A SYMBOL - they all claim that - no hesitation.
But what symbol? Here many different opinions - power, money, king - many opinions. Fear? No they don't think they should be scared of sphinx.
Father of fear? - strange to them so I don't think this idea is a modern one. It comes from past to me. And - on the contrary - I think it makes sense to think over it again and again. Cause sphinx - called father of fear - brings some contemporary explanations to past events.
My idea.
Idea
All the best,
cairoseven.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

cairoseven wrote:
... I wouldn't agree with your theory. I don't think SPHINX is about power only- it is something more. It is about religion. Maybe it is a first altar in ancient Egypt. Who knows? I have my own theory about one Sphinx that has different age dependent on the given part of it. Can you explain it? I think I can. ...

Instead of here (and for me in all your contributions on ED) again and again spreading empty word shells, why don`t you introduce your "theory" for discussion! However, do not forget to give your sources, please ...

Lutz
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hi here!

Quote:
Instead of here (and for me in all your contributions on ED) again and again spreading empty word shells, why don`t you introduce your "theory" for discussion! However, do not forget to give your sources, please ...

Of course I can give my theory to discuss it. Source? My brain. That's all.
No other source I am afraid. Thus it is totally my theory.
It is a very complicated theory. I started it reading one article about ancient Greek philosophers discussing the origins of ancient Egipt.
That is how I started my innovative theory about religion of Ancient Egypt and how they began. I had even dreams that I am right!

I think to create this theory you have to understand and take into account that ancient Egyptians worshipped animals. That's how I started. Their gods had animal heads. Why? Doth they lived in universe. Why did they have animal heads? What for? Should they?

Can you answer to me?
It is a very important question - because it is a question who was more important in ancient Egypt - saint animal or ..gods?
Can you answer it?
It is also a question - why did ancient Egyptians build such a huge sphinx?

c7
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As before, only hollow chatter ... Theory were greatly exaggerated and is probably unsuitable as a name for your stammering.

As I can`t and do not want to look into your head he is also no evidence ...

Lutz
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Quote:
As before, only hollow chatter ... Theory were greatly exaggerated and is probably unsuitable as a name for your stammering.

As I can`t and do not want to look into your head he is also no evidence ...

Anyway, I think my question isnot the worst. It can be a new beggining. RESEARCHING PROBLEM: UNAPPRECIATED(?) CULT OF SAINT EGYPTIAN ANIMALS -something like that. Someone can achieve something researching this problem. Compare - how many gods, how many animals - CONCLUSION -the winner is... such things. ?

Idea
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are boring, go play somewhere else ...

Lutz
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Quote:
You are boring, go play somewhere else ...

How can you be so arogant again? It is really dissapointing and sad.
Strech you lazy brain a little bit - doth ancient Egiptian gods had animal like heads? Who were they then? Maybe they were ...animals too. So everything was about animals - any ancient Egiptian gods existed at all.

Is it a boring theory?

I think it is very interesting theory and when someone is boring - it is ...you...Mr Player or whom?

Idea

cairoseven
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

ps. Have you read that book:

Jeremy Naydler - "Shamanic Wisdom in the Pyramid Texts: The Mystical Tradition of Ancient Egypt", 2005,

You should read it I think. It is about Africa and African witchcraft traditions. But not only!
I hope it will be interesting to you Smile

cairoseven
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Once again, you are boring, go play somewhere else ... Because you are definately in the wrong forum.

Lutz
cairoseven
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Quote:
Once again, you are boring, go play somewhere else ... Because you are definately in the wrong forum.

I don't think so. I think I am on the right forum only you think my skills are very limited because I don't know ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics.
That is the truth. But when one cares very much or when someone really needs something you can always learn some things.
So - right - that is my missing skill in fact. And that's all I think.

But you know - as deals ancient Egypt I care more about its religious symbols. And I know that in order to decipher the puzzle of sphinx (that is a greatest symbol of Egypt) you need to decipher... another symbols.
So in order to decipher the biggest symbol of Egypt you have to decipher at least 1 smaller symbol of Egypt just like people learnt to decipher ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics.

And you know how it happened. Rossetta Stone helped them. Nothing comes from nothing I think. You know where is Rossetta Stone?
Have you seen it? I have seen it. It means something.
It is another symbol to me. A symbol of rediscovering/redeciphering Egipt. Where is this stone? In Berlin? No, it isn't in Berlin.
It also means something to me.

So one thing is sure to me today - ancient Egypt hides many secrets till today cause people were able to decipher hierglyphics but werenot able to decode many religious symbols of this country.

That is probably another reason why huge Gisa Sphinx became known as a father of fear. Who knows? After all this name sounds very, veeery grusome to me, very dark. Too dark to explain it today.
Think it on your own.
?
Idea

cairoseven
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cairoseven, sorry, but I donít think you are on the right forum, here we try to have discussions about AE, from an historical, scientific and archeological point of view. Everybody is in titled to have his own views and theories, and an open mind. You canít give any reference of any archeologist or Egyptologist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Sphinx All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: